PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Strictly Dancing is men's guilty pleasure (and related stories)

Red Moon
24-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Strictly Dancing is men's guilty pleasureMale TV viewers have named Strictly Come Dancing their greatest "guilty pleasure".

A survey for the Radio Times found that men do not admit they watch the BBC1 ballroom dancing show to their friends, for fear of being ridiculed.

But they have secretly tuned into the series, which ended on Saturday, for the "smallness of the costumes... the drama, the humour and the frocks".

Heroes, the BBC2 sci-fi hit, came second in the list of male TV viewers' guilty pleasures of 2007, followed by Doctor Who.

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! was fourth, followed by the X Factor.

Male viewers also said they were more reluctant to admit watching Top Gear than they were Big Brother.

Costume drama Cranford was eighth, followed by the Noel Edmonds' daytime hit Deal Or No Deal and Desperate Housewives.

Radio Times editor Gill Hudson said: "There's a lot of snobbery in the TV world, and too often 'quality TV' is only associated with heavyweight documentaries or landmark dramas."
Source: Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=81326&in_page_id=34)

Red Moon
24-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Men Admit Their Top 10 Guilty TV PleasuresMALE TV viewers have named Strictly Come Dancing their greatest "guilty pleasure".

A survey for the Radio Times found that men do not admit they watch the BBC1 ballroom dancing show to their friends, for fear of being ridiculed.

But they have secretly tuned into the series, which ended on Saturday, for the "smallness of the costumes... the drama, the humour and the frocks".

Heroes, the BBC2 sci-fi hit, came second in the list of male TV viewers' guilty pleasures of 2007, followed by Doctor Who.

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! was fourth, followed by the X Factor.

Male viewers also said they were more reluctant to admit watching Top Gear than they were Big Brother.

Costume drama Cranford was eighth, followed by the Noel Edmonds' daytime hit Deal Or No Deal and Desperate Housewives.

Radio Times editor Gill Hudson said: "There's a lot of snobbery in the TV world, and too often 'quality TV' is only associated with heavyweight documentaries or landmark dramas."

Around 800 Radio Times readers were asked to nominate their own guilty pleasure for the poll.

Male Viewers' TV Guilty Pleasures

1. Strictly Come Dancing

2. Heroes

3. Doctor Who

4. I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!

5. The X Factor

6. Top Gear

7. Big Brother

8. Cranford

9. Deal Or No Deal

10. Desperate Housewives
Source:Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2007/12/24/men-admit-their-top-10-guilty-tv-pleasures-86908-20265259/)