PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing: Alesha: Strictly Saved Me

Red Moon
24-12-2007, 10:33 AM
ALESHA: STRICTLY SAVED MEStrictly Come Dancing sizzler Alesha Dixon said last night that winning the show has saved her life.

The gorgeous 29-year-old singer made the revelation as she spoke for the first time about her triumph in the hit telly dance contest.

She told the Daily Star: “I thought 2007 was going to be crap. But because of Strictly, my confidence is back. I was so down and depressed. Dancing saved my life. I’ve got the real me back.

“Now I’m ending this year on a high.”

Alesha beat EastEnders hunk Matt Di Angelo, 20, in Saturday night’s final on BBC1 – which pulled in 12.1m viewers – by less than half a per cent.

She said: “I’m over the moon. I can’t believe it. It was worth all the bruises, all the lack of sleep, all the painful cuts and sore joints, all the tears – and all the 380 hours of training.”

When the show started, the former Mis-Teeq babe was a washed-up pop star with little hope of a comeback.

Now she is one of the hottest properties in showbiz, with agents and companies queueing up for her signature. The coming year could see her earn a tasty £10m.

And her dramatic change of fortune is all the sweeter because of the trauma she has suffered over the past year or so. In November 2006, just 18 months after marrying rapper MC Harvey, 28, she learned he was having an affair with her “friend” and fellow singer Javine Hylton, 25.

Javine is now seven months pregnant with his baby. And to add to Alesha’s misery, her comeback singles last year received a lukewarm response.

It seemed she was destined for obscurity – but then she was offered the chance to go on Strictly Come Dancing.

Her sensational performances with partner Matthew Cutler, 35, saw her win the hearts of the nation – and the public phone vote against Matt Di Angelo and his partner Flavia Cacace, 27.

Strictly Come Dancing host Bruce Forsyth, 79, told her she will be “Britain’s biggest female star” thanks to her smooth voice, toned body and wicked dance moves.

And Alesha is now aiming for the very top. She is said to have told pals: “I want to be Britain’s Beyoncé. No, I want to be bigger than Beyonce!”

An industry source said: “She is going to be huge. Her earnings will soar into the super league.”

She is said to be considering a new album deal, as well as putting her name to a dance DVD and a perfume. A top high street clothes firm is said to be offering her a contract, too.

Alesha – born in Welwyn Garden City, Herts – is hoping her story will have a fairytale ending.

And she certainly deserves it after suffering a nightmare childhood.

Her brother Mark Harris, 31, said Alesha was just four when her dad, Melvin Dixon, left home.

And he claimed Alesha saw her mum Beverley battered by brutal boyfriends. Mark said: “We had a sh*t childhood. Our mum had an endless stream of guys coming into the house. All three of us kids have different dads.

“Financially, life was terrible. We often went to bed hungry. There would never be any dinner on the table.”

Now the tough times are over for survivor Alesha. Sadly, she won’t be joining the Strictly tour next month. She is off to Asia to promote her music.

But she vowed: “I’ve already told them they have to have me back for next year’s Christmas special.”

And her dance partner Matthew said the show could not have a more worthy winner: “Alesha deserves it. We’ve been training from 10 in the morning until 10 at night. I’d like to thank Alesha for being so dedicated.”
Source: Daily Star (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/24772/ALESHA-STRICTLY-SAVED-ME/)

XxShortyxX
24-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I just read that on the Sun website lol. Awww Alesha is so sweet and funny :bigsmile: You wouldn't think some like her who is always bubbly would be so depressed, bless her.