PDA

View Full Version : Who is tired of The One and only Strictly Come Dancing on Ice Factor Idol?

Scarlett.
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I am so sick off all these "Talent" Shows now, they are just repeatavite

Spike
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
No i'm not sick of them, I love those kind of shows.

XxShortyxX
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Lol I like some of them, however Dancing on Ice is just a rip off of SCD lol they copyied the BBC lol.

Scarlett.
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Lol DOI is the most annoying

Jack
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by XxShortyxX
Lol I like some of them, however Dancing on Ice is just a rip off of SCD lol they copyied the BBC lol.

I know I hate Dancing On Ice with a passion. SCD is so much better (and original). I don't know why DOI has so many fans on here (with discussion threads for the live shows) yet SCD gets nothing when it's a lot better IMO.

BigSister
03-02-2008, 06:12 PM
i like both of them maybe because x factor is on at same time as scd more people watch that so they cant watch both. And i love these type of shows i think they are fun and beside nothing else is on this time of year

Jack
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah suppose but Strictly fleeces X Factor in the ratings. I think people see it as "old fashioned" when if you actually watch it is really isn't.

Scarlett.
03-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I think they could be more creative with Talent shows

Such as BGT, the only Talent show I like, because its different

Jack
03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I think The X Factor should be put to rest now. It's became more about the judges and less about the talent. Each performance now seems to be really tacky and OTT with a heavy use on props. What happened to just standing there and singing?

Also no one can beat Leona. Leon Jackson has dropped out of the top 40 now, which is pretty pathetic IMO.

I do however think SCD has actually gained momentum and should last for a few more years. It's because it's not a "talent" show exactly. The celebrities aren't qutting their day jobs to become professional dancers after the show, it's just fun for charity. And it has a great chemistry between the judges without it being all about them.

Scarlett.
03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree about SCD actually, and I also agree about The X-Factor, I hated last years, it was all so scripted.

FictitiousHouse
03-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jack
I think The X Factor should be put to rest now. It's became more about the judges and less about the talent. Each performance now seems to be really tacky and OTT with a heavy use on props. What happened to just standing there and singing?

Also no one can beat Leona. Leon Jackson has dropped out of the top 40 now, which is pretty pathetic IMO.

I do however think SCD has actually gained momentum and should last for a few more years. It's because it's not a "talent" show exactly. The celebrities aren't qutting their day jobs to become professional dancers after the show, it's just fun for charity. And it has a great chemistry between the judges without it being all about them.

I have to disagree about x-factor being put out to rest. In the states American Idol is still going strong, the ratings are enormous. x-factor continues to bring in ratings so on that note it should stay in its present form. The same thing could be said about big brother btw and we dont want that to be put out to rest, do we :bawling:

Leona was lucky to have been given such an amazing song to sing. It was the song and the singer not just the singer with a different song.

I dont like Strictly come dancing. The theme music does my head in for a start, so I hope it ends because I hate it. Selfish I know :joker:

Tom
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
SCD is not original in any way. Its an idea spun from Saturday night show Come Dancing. Dancing on Ice is a carbon copy except on ice but IMO is more entertaining. Its been proven that the majority of the SCD audience are 50+ and those for X Factor are in the 16-34 bracket, hence the higher ratings for SCD as more X Factor watchers would be out on a Saturday, and probably why more threads are made on here.

xXxCharlottexXx
03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Well I like DOI and SCD.
I don't see whats the point of The One and Only. Why don't they just go Stars in Their Eyes if if ever comes back lol?!

KKBL
03-02-2008, 08:14 PM
i dont watch SCD or AI or DOI or any of them,i only watch BB and XF but ive gone off XF a bit.

FictitiousHouse
03-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by xXxCharlottexXx
Well I like DOI and SCD.
I don't see whats the point of The One and Only. Why don't they just go Stars in Their Eyes if if ever comes back lol?!

Oooh yes please bring Stars in their Eyes back I used to love that :love: I love Cat Deeley too :love:

Matt08
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe it was a mistake that ITV got rid of Pop Idol. I think they should scrap The X Factor and replace it with Pop Idol, which has better judges and hosts.

Tom
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I think X Factor has a better format with the mentors and the fact that anyone and groups can audition. There is no other 'find a singer' show that does this.

Wasted
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
DOI isn't great imo, and I did watch one of the shows this year to see what it was like. I couldn't get into it.

I always thought SCD would be rubbish, but I watched a couple of the shows of the last series and actually liked it, so I was very wrong about that. I would watch the whole series next time but it will probably be on at the same time as XF.

The One and Only is Pop Idol meets Stars In Their Eyes. I couldn't really get into it, I watched it the other week but I don't think I'd watch it again.

But I've always liked the X Factor and I still enjoy it. I like American Idol too, and liked Pop Idol when it was on, but I prefer the X Factor to Pop Idol.

matchfit
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by XxShortyxX
Lol I like some of them, however Dancing on Ice is just a rip off of SCD lol they copyied the BBC lol. how have itv done that bbc do not dance on ice do they hum dancing on ice think about it not the same at all

James
13-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Wonder if Peter Kay got the title of his show from this topic. :wink:

Scarlett.
13-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Whoa! What a hell O_O
Peter Kay is on these forums

robb
13-11-2008, 10:50 AM
No question that dancing on ice was conceived from the origins of 'strictly', most reality shows follow in the footsteps of another previous, and usually better, show.

Scarlett.
13-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I dont mind Strictly and X Factor this year, Dancing on Ice is boring though