PDA

View Full Version : Boring Brucie and judges getting rid of anyone who's popular - why Strictly Come Dancing is losing the ratings war

Red Moon
19-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Boring Brucie and judges getting rid of anyone who's popular - why Strictly Come Dancing is losing the ratings warWe’re about 20 minutes into Sir Bruce Forsyth’s meandering “joke” about the credit crunch, and it definitely looks as if the old boy is nearing some sort of conclusion.

Sadly, we won’t be given a signal as to when we’re supposed to politely laugh. So we’ll just have to sit in stony silence until the agony’s finally over.

Can’t someone tell him to give his God-awful gags a rest? But bumbling Brucie’s un-humorous interludes aren’t the only reason Strictly Come Dancing is losing the Saturday-night ratings war.

Part of the reason The X Factor is waltzing all over its once- dominant BBC rival is surely down to the purist judges and their relentless elimination of the most popular contestants.

With their audience-shrinking thumbs-down to heartbroken Jelly Wallace (left), the po-faced panellists ditched the third EastEnders favourite in four weeks.

We’re about 20 minutes into Sir Bruce Forsyth’s meandering “joke” about the credit crunch, and it definitely looks as if the old boy is nearing some sort of conclusion.

Sadly, we won’t be given a signal as to when we’re supposed to politely laugh. So we’ll just have to sit in stony silence until the agony’s finally over.

Can’t someone tell him to give his God-awful gags a rest? But bumbling Brucie’s un-humorous interludes aren’t the only reason Strictly Come Dancing is losing the Saturday-night ratings war.

Part of the reason The X Factor is waltzing all over its once- dominant BBC rival is surely down to the purist judges and their relentless elimination of the most popular contestants.

With their audience-shrinking thumbs-down to heartbroken Jelly Wallace (left), the po-faced panellists ditched the third EastEnders favourite in four weeks.
Source: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/columnists/kevin-osullivan/2008/10/18/boring-brucie-and-judges-getting-rid-of-anyone-who-s-popular-why-strictly-come-dancing-is-losing-the-ratings-war-115875-20816597/)

James
19-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Does anyone on here watch it? I don't but I was wondering if there was any demand for a forum on here to discuss it. It still gets good ratings.

Red Moon
19-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by James
Does anyone on here watch it? I don't but I was wondering if there was any demand for a forum on here to discuss it. It still gets good ratings.

People have discussed it in the past years when I have posted news stories.

But I don't know if they have been following it this year since this is the first news story I have posted.

Tom
19-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by James

The audience for SCD is significantly older, the average watcher is something like 50.

Arneldo
19-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't know one person who watches it. I think it's "audience" is actually a figment of BBC's imagination.

robb
27-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Loads of people watch Strictly AND XF..............keep John Sargeant in!! He's brilliantly terrible , and it's worth watching Strictly for his 'dancing' alone!!