PDA

View Full Version : Strictly judge Len Goodman 'to quit' show but Bruce Forsyth says he'll stay on

Red Moon
19-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Strictly judge Len Goodman 'to quit' show but Bruce Forsyth says he'll stay onStrictly Come Dancing's Len Goodman has hinted that he could quit the BBC programme - so he can carry on presenting the US version of the show.

The popular head judge is currently racking up thousands of air miles flying between London and Los Angeles each week to work on both shows.

But the 64-year-old has admitted jet lag is becoming a problem and he would drop the BBC version because he is better-paid on the American show.

He gets about £250,000 for taking part in the US series on ABC as compared with £90,000 for the UK show on BBC1.

Mr Goodman and fellow judge Bruno Tonioli fly to LA on Sunday morning to film Dancing with the Stars and return to London on Thursday each week.

They work two days on Strictly Come Dancing before flying off to LA.

'I wasn't going to do it this year - the flying backwards and forwards - but I got talked into it again,' said Goodman.

'But this will probably be the last time. I'll have to make the decision - if they ask me - whether to do the British show or the American show.'

He added: 'My heart wants to do the British show but my head - the money - makes me want to do the American one.'

This comes at the same as the BBC has had to deny that host Bruce Forsyth is quitting at the end of the series over increasing concerns about his age.

Yesterday the corporation and the presenter's manager issued statements refuting suggestions he had decided to leave the show after six series.

It was claimed at the weekend that the 80-year-old presenter had been stung by recent criticism of his performances on the show and was calling it a day.

A Sunday newspaper had claimed that the had reacted to claims he was 'doddery' on the show and was planning to leave with 'dignity'.

There has been some criticism in this series of the presenter, who has fronted the show for four years, for stumbling performances in recent weeks.

Close friends admit that he is yet to decide on his long-term future on the show, but concede there is a real possibility that this series could be his last.

The uncertainty over both Forsyth and Goodman is deeply unsettling for BBC bosses of the show, which was beaten by X Factor in Saturday's ratings.

The main X Factor show on Saturday averaged 9.3million viewers, while Strictly Come Dancing managed 8.6million viewers.

Yesterday the BBC put out a statement over claims about Forsyth's future on the show, saying he was 'loved' and 'adored' and not quitting.

A BBC spokesman said: 'It is not true Bruce has not quit Strictly Come Dancing. We adore him and love having him as an integral part of the show.'

Bruce Forsyth's manager Ian Wilson added: 'The story is not true and it is being put in the hands of our solicitors tomorrow morning.'

Forsyth is believed to be paid about £450,000 to present the series, which he co-hosts with Tess Daly, 37.

He came under fire after he called former Eastenders star Jessie Wallace 'Jelly' Wallace on one episode.

The presenter has even joked about the slip-up telling viewers: 'I am not doddery... doddery I am not!'
Source:Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1078856/Strictly-judge-Len-Goodman-quit-Bruce-Forsyth-says-hell-stay-on.html)

pinkmichk
19-10-2008, 08:05 PM
i dont like bruce as a presenter but len is a good judge he is always the fair one
and it shouldnt matter what he earns cos isnt the uk one proceeds go to children in need anyway?