PDA

View Full Version : Strictly sexy: Raunchy Rachel triumphs with a new high score, but Cherie Lunghi's legs are the star of the show

Red Moon
16-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Strictly sexy: Raunchy Rachel triumphs with a new high score, but Cherie Lunghi's legs are the star of the showRachel Stevens' raunchy rumba may have scored her the highest Strictly Come Dancing score yet, but it was Cherie Lungi's legs that were the talk of the show this evening.

The 56-year-old single mother stepped out in a skintight shimmery pink number that left little to the imagination. Barely skimming her thighs, leggy Lunghi flaunted a figure to rival women less than half her age - and the ensuing performance was equally impressive, according to the judging panel.

Tackling the tricky cha cha cha, Lunghi revealed how nervous she was of the Latin dances ahead of the performance. 'I've got to tap into my Latin genes at some point,' the half-Italian actress said.

She needn't have worried. 'You were magnificent to watch' said Craig Revel Horwood. 'You are beginning to conquer Latin'.

It was hard for the judges to ignore Lunghi's legs though. 'What a pair of pins' said Bruno, who scored them a nine, while Arlene revealed: 'Ienvy your legs like nobody's business'.

Cherie wasn't the only contestant to wow the judges - in fact the usually critical panel had little negative to say about any of the contestants, proving that the heat of the competition is bringing out a competitive streak in all the performers.

Rachel Stevens was the night's top performer though, with an impressive total score of 39 - the highest so far of the competition.

Thrillingly sexy, Stevens and partner Vincent Simone captivated both audience and judges with their version of a rumba.

Rachel, who was in the dance-off last week, said ahead of the show 'I was heartbroken. I don't want to be there again'.

Despite the fact that the pretty pop star is engaged, Italian Simone set the mood ahead of the show with a romantic candlelight dinner. His efforts appear to have been succcessful - the steamy performance stunned the judges.

'I need a bucket of ice, that could revive the dead' said Bruno, who scored them full marks.

Arlene also scored them a 10 - her first of the contest, saying 'I had goosebumps - this just blows this competition into the stratosphere'.

It was Revel Horwood who stopped the pair from achieving a full 40 points, saying 'It was a little lewd and lustful, almost indecent', however his score of nine did little to hamper their premier position on the scoreboard.

Despite being pipped to the top post by a single point, Austin Healey restored his reputation after last week's shock low scores.

'The tango is a very tricky dance' said dance partner Erin Boag apprehensively - but a theatrical performance ensured promising comments from the panel. 'Agressive, passionate, driven, well done' said Craig Revel Horwood, who scored a nine, while Len Goodman's emphatic review scored the pair a full 10. 'Go on my son! It had fire, fascinating,' he said.

Bruno Tonioni even compared the Rugby ace to James Bond. 'Watch out Daniel Craig!' he warned.

Healey attributed his success to the dance's similarity to his sport. 'its so similar to rugby - the passion, the arrogance' he said.

Models Jodie Kidd and Lisa Snowdon, both limited by their heights, also proved their mettle on the dancefloor.

'It was wonderful seeing such tall people go through that dance like lightening' said Revel Horwood of Kidd's super-speedy quickstep. The model, who looked glamorous in a red dress and scarlet lipstick said afterwards 'I'm in shock'.

In turn, Snowdon, who claimed she felt like an albatross in rehearsals, sizzled on-stage with Brendan Cole with their samba. Wearing a super-short frilly coral number, Snowdon rivalled Chrie Lunghi in the best legs stakes, flaunting the fantastic body that bagged her George Clooney. 'You've really impressed me' said Len.

Holby City's Tom Chambers, a favourite to win the contest, scored a respectable 35 points for a lively salsa. 'Those saucy sequins set your hips alight!' said Arlene Phillips, who awarded the pair a nine. 'It was everything a hot salsa should be'.

Bruno Tonioni dubbed the actor a 'spice boy', while Craig complemented his 'boundless energy'.

Also pleasing the judges was Christine Bleakley, scoring 34, who donned a frothy pink dress for a polished waltz. Teasing the Norther Irish One Show presenter, Arlene opened her comment with 'the gloves are off - a big song, a big dance,' but went on to say 'without doubt your best yet'.

Even John Sergeant put in a vastly improved performance on Strictly Come Dancing last night, with an almost graceful American Smooth. it hasn't lifted him off the bottom spot, but a score of 25 was a personal best for the political commentator.

Whether the viewers will agree with the panel on Sergeant's footwork remains to be seen in Sunday's dance-off.
Source: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1086170/Strictly-sexy-Raunchy-Rachel-triumphs-new-high-score-Cherie-Lunghis-legs-star-show.html)