PDA

View Full Version : John Sergeant survives Strictly vote-off AGAIN as Cherie Lunghi is booted off in shock elimination

Red Moon
16-11-2008, 11:34 PM
John Sergeant survives Strictly vote-off AGAIN as Cherie Lunghi is booted off in shock eliminationFormer newscaster John Sergeant won another reprieve to stay in Strictly Come Dancing tonight after the judges yet again gave him the lowest score on Saturday night.

Sergeant, who has been dubbed the ‘dancing pig’, won rapturous applause from the audience for his American smooth, performing two lifts to wild approval.

But before launching into the lifts, the 64-year-old had trotted backwards, dragging his glamorous partner Kristina Rihanoff along the floor as she did the splits.

Sergeant has given a string of poor performances on Strictly but has survived in the competition thanks to his popularity with the public.

Sergeant, who has been dubbed the ‘dancing pig’, won rapturous applause from the audience for his American smooth, performing two lifts to wild approval.

But before launching into the lifts, Sergeant had trotted backwards, dragging his glamorous partner Kristina Rihanoff along the floor as she did the splits.

Obe Judge, Arlene Phillips, said: ‘For the first time, John, I really get what other people see in you. It was quite endearing.

'And you did get that Hollywood feel, although it was more Mickey Rooney than Fred Astaire.’

Sergeant has accused the judges of being out of touch with viewers and called on them to resign if they were unhappy that he was still in the show.

On Saturday night, he scored 25 points from the judges – his best to date.

Tonight, the actress Cherie Lunghi became the ninth celebrity to be voted off.

After performing the Cha Cha, the combination of the viewer votes and judges’ scores left Cherie and her partner James Jordan in the bottom two with Lisa Snowdon and Brendan Cole. Both couples had to perform a second time for the judges’ deciding vote.

Of Cherie and James’s dance, Arlene Phillips said: 'It was very neat and very accurate. You came out and looked like you were going to turn on every light bulb and then there were moments when the dimmer switch went on.

'You suddenly looked like you were trying to think about the steps, but I tell you, I envy your legs like nobody’s business.'

Len Goodman said: 'I would say your Latin is very neat and very precise. It is clean and it’s crisp, but I want to see just a little bit more of the wild Cherie coming out. I loved it very much, but would like a little more wildness coming out of you.'

Bruno Tonioli said: 'What a pair of pins. I’m glad to say this is a breakthrough, we’ve got more of a temptress now. You played it well - you can do Latin, you can do Cha Cha, keep it going that way. I loved it.'

Craig Revell Horwood said: 'I would have liked to have seen a little bit more punctuation in that routine.

'I felt most of the time when you’re landing on two, you landed very heavy and that was particularly in the New York step on that second beat.

'However, you were magnificent to watch and I do believe that you are beginning to conquer Latin.'

The judges gave them a total of 32 out of 40 for their performance.

After the dance-off, Craig and Arlene saved Lisa and Brendan, but Cherie and James were thrown a lifeline by Bruno who picked them to stay, leaving head judge Len with the casting vote.

Len said: 'This is terrible, I feel as though I’m kicking someone off the show because neither should be going, but I have to base it on that last performance, and for me the couple that edged it were Lisa and Brendan'.

After Cherie and James’s elimination, Cherie said: 'It has been great, such a wonderful experience and great fun.

'It’s been a huge learning curve and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.'

James added, 'I think Cherie had a lot more to show. This is supposed to be a dance contest. Please, please, people at home vote for the dancing.'
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1086279/John-Sergeant-survives-Strictly-vote-AGAIN-Cherie-Lunghi-booted-shock-elimination.html)

GiRTh
17-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Its getting beyond a joke TBH. John Sergeant is entertaining, but his dancing is terrible. He must realise that, at this stage, his presence in the competition is preventing better dancers from progressing. Other celebrities who have been kicked off acknowledge that there are better dancers and that they should make way for them, but he still acts like he's earning his place on merit.

He wont win, but if he stays in much longer he'll be ruining the contest.

robb
17-11-2008, 12:44 PM
TBH honest I wonder if he will be 'encouraged' to pick up an injury and drop out as this may start to turn nasty........... he is entertaining mind. Even with him gone though, they still have a job to choose between the others as the leaders change from week to week..............CHERRI AND LISA WERE TOP the week before...............

GiRTh
17-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Aye. It could turn very nasty indeed. James Jordans little speech showed he was clearly very angry . These dancers are professionals who have dedicated their life to dancing, they cant be happy that John sergeant and the public seemingly taking the p**s out of their profession..

Adamw92
17-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Its absolutely a joke, but i'm glad Lisa & Brendan stayed, but John must go!

Callum
17-11-2008, 03:44 PM
It's taking the piss now I mean Cherie was great and it was a travesty that her and Lisa were in the bottom two when John survived. I expect he'll make the final at this rate.:bored:

*mazedsalv**
17-11-2008, 04:15 PM
yepp, its ridiculous!!