PDA

View Full Version : Record breaker: Rachel Stevens wins the battle of the Strictly dancefloor with a perfect score

Red Moon
23-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Record breaker: Rachel Stevens wins the battle of the Strictly dancefloor with a perfect scoreIt was a record-breaking night for Strictly Come Dancing last night as Rachel Stevens took a perfect score.

A few weeks ago the former S Club 7 singer left the judges cold with her 'uninspired' routines. But that was all put behind her as she and partner Vincent Simone scored 40 out of 40.

And despite an earlier heated row between the judges the four briefly became united as they offered her nothing but heartfelt praise.

Bruno Tonioli was ecstatic: 'Rachel, this dance was not close to you, it was close to heaven, pure and graceful bliss.'

Arlene Phillips added: 'Close to perfect. Strictly something special.'

Last week's dance-off survivor Lisa Snowdon and her partner Brendan Cole were the first to hit the dancefloor.

But despite the upset of nearly leaving the show Lisa didn't let it affect her dancing.

And in her floorlength fuschia gown her quickstep certainly impressed the judges with 35 points.

Head judge Len was extremely complimentary, as was Bruno.

'Vintage quickstep, classic, elegant, I can't believe how beautiful you look!' he enthused.

Arlene added: 'Well full and fancy footwork, you gave Brendan a run for his money.'

Following Lisa was The One Show's Christine Bleakley and her partner Matt.

Their cha cha cha caused friction on the judge's desk, and she scored just 27, putting her at the bottom of the leader board.

Bruno told her: 'Your hip action went a little bit on the wonky side but your top half was present and correct. You've got to work a little bit more on the hips.'

Craig was unimpressed. 'Very wooden, very sticky, you need to turn your feet out more,' he said. 'There were some really wonderful finishes which sort of saved a little bit of it. However not your finest moment.'

But their comments seemed to upset Len.

'What a load of piffle,' he exploded. 'The beauty was in the eye of the beholder. I thought it was nice, clean, pristine, what I think they need is you've got to perform it a bit more.'

A row between Len and Craig then broke out, with an angry Len sticking his gesturing finger in Craig's face.

'You never give us a positive and you get on my wick,' he yelled.

Craig kept a stunned silence, while Arlene tried to speak over him: 'No he doesn't,' she said. But Len was having none of it.

A flu-laden Jodie Kidd dragged herself out to perform next.

Despite losing two days of training due to her illness she pulled out all the steps to impress the judges, ending her routine with an incredible leapfrog move.

And they were suitably pleased with the results. Scoring her a respectable 30 out of 40.

But when questioned backstage by Tess a spluttering Jodie was modest about her chances of making the final.

'Oh goodness, I don't know, I have no idea,' she admitted.

Holby City actor Tom Chambers was next out and his smooth moves certainly impressed the judges.

Only one could think of a negative comment - Craig.

'The only thing I thought it did lack were just a couple of moments of stillness,' he said.

Leader Board

Rachel Stevens 40

Tom Chambers 36

Lisa Stevens 35

Austin Healey 35

Jodie Kidd 30

Christine Bleakley 27
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1088559/Record-breaker-Rachel-Stevens-wins-battle-Strictly-dancefloor-perfect-score.html)

GiRTh
26-11-2008, 11:35 AM
She didnt deserve her perfect score. Rachels a nice girl, shes just so boring. She possesses absolutely zero personality.