PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Judges Axed

GiRTh
23-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Strictly Judges Axed
STRICTLY Come Dancing judges are facing the boot as part of a major new look for the show.

BBC bosses are organising a shake-up of the voting system to avoid any more fiascos like this year’s semi-final scandal.

One possibility is that the judges will pass verdicts on the dancers but not score them.

Only the viewers will decide who stays or goes.

Last night a show spokeswoman said: “No decisions have yet been made about future series.

“We’ve only just finished this year’s.

“Planning for Strictly series seven will start next year and, as always, we will look at lots of ways to ensure that the show is the best it can possibly be.”

And a peer waded into the Strictly Come Dancing “fiasco” yesterday, vowing to use Freedom of Information laws to expose the true result of the semi-final.

Furious Liberal Democrat peer Lord Tyler said: “Technology is available at the BBC’s disposal to ensure licence-payers know just how many votes each contestant got.”

It has also been revealed dance rivals Tom Chambers and Rachel Stevens are set for a rematch.

Millions of fans were left fuming when the ex-S Club babe failed to win the final and her Holby City rival waltzed away with the title.

Angry TV viewers claim Tom, 31, and dance partner Camilla Dallerup, 34, should never have been in the final after the vote fiasco, and that Rachel, 30, was the better dancer.

The pair are taking part in a Strictly Christmas Day Special on BBC One at 7pm and only the TV studio audience will vote.

Also taking part are finalist Lisa Snowdon, 37, former winners Alesha Dixon, 30, and Jill Halfpenny, 33, and last year’s contestant Kelly Brook, 29, who left the show after the death of her dad.

A source said: “The Christmas Day contest could mean that Rachel gets what she deserves and be crowned the Strictly champion. It’s going to be a tough fight.”

Source: Daily Star (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/63266/STRICTLY-JUDGES-ALL-AXED/)[/quote]

Sam!
23-12-2008, 01:08 PM
That would be stupid cause then the worse (maybe more popular) dancers would be kept until the end.

GiRTh
23-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I know. The Star seems to print what it wants whether its true or not..

BBkid
23-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Absolute rubbish, the public say it should be up to them who wins and we have a winner who is not the best but has won (Tom) so why on earth are they still moaning? They have what they want and shouldn't complain. Personally, I think it is useful to have the judge's scores as a rough guideline to how good the celeb performed the dance. I think it was rumoured that Len was leaving after this series, in which case I don't think they need to replace him and they could put Arlene has head judge with all of the judges scoring out of 20 (for a more precise score (and so that there aren't mix-ups like this year in the semi-finals)).

Sam!
23-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BBkid
Absolute rubbish, the public say it should be up to them who wins and we have a winner who is not the best but has won (Tom) so why on earth are they still moaning? They have what they want and shouldn't complain. Personally, I think it is useful to have the judge's scores as a rough guideline to how good the celeb performed the dance. I think it was rumoured that Len was leaving after this series, in which case I don't think they need to replace him and they could put Arlene has head judge with all of the judges scoring out of 20 (for a more precise score (and so that there aren't mix-ups like this year in the semi-finals)).

I'm liking the out of 20 idea.

GiRTh
23-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I dont fancy the idea of Arlene as head judge. Hell no. I think Arlene Phillips is a batty old menopausal woman who lets her emotions cloud her judgment. What was the rubbish she was chatting on Saturday? Something about how Brendan knows how to properly hold a woman in his arms. What was she on about? I dont even think she even knows. She takes ages to say nothing. In fact, of all the judges I think she's most expendable.

Tom
23-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BBkid

The reason its scored out of 10 is because thats what its like in real ballroom competitions.

Anyway its sad to see SCD are resorting to XF tactics to get viewers