PDA

View Full Version : What is needed for a perfect Strictly?

BBkid
23-12-2008, 01:35 PM
For the 7th series of Strictly (next Autumn) it has been rumoured that Bruce and Len are leaving the show, lets just imagine that these are true - what would make the 7th series perfect? I think:
12 celebs (instead of the 16 this year)
If Bruce is going then bring Vernon Kay in (Tess Daly is his wife - so they would make a good TV partnership)
If Len is going then I would say that they shouldn't replace him and that they should make Arlene head judge
Make the judges scores out of 20 (instead of 10)
A 10 week show, starting in the middle of October and running until the weekend nearest to Christmas
No Sunday results show - do it on the Saturday night
The professionals they should use are:
Ola
Flavia
Camilla
Hayley
Lilia
Kristina
Darren
James
Ian
Matthew
Brendan
Vincent
That's all I can think of for now, what do you think?

GiRTh
23-12-2008, 01:49 PM
No more than 12-14 couples. Therefore no boy/girl only nights.

Reveal show on Saturday.

No dance off's. At least not after they goet to two dances.

No Tess Daly. Claudia's more than capable of doing ITT and the main show

Judges judging the couples evenly. ie no overmarking their favourites like they always do. The judges should not be afraid to award marks below 5 in the first few weeks so a 10 becomes more meaningful and more sought after.

No talking to the press other than on ITT.

No elderly joke contestants.

I'll think of a few more later.

Sam!
23-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by BBkid
For the 7th series of Strictly (next Autumn) it has been rumoured that Bruce and Len are leaving the show, lets just imagine that these are true - what would make the 7th series perfect? I think:
12 celebs (instead of the 16 this year)
If Bruce is going then bring Vernon Kay in (Tess Daly is his wife - so they would make a good TV partnership)
If Len is going then I would say that they shouldn't replace him and that they should make Arlene head judge
Make the judges scores out of 20 (instead of 10)
A 10 week show, starting in the middle of October and running until the weekend nearest to Christmas
No Sunday results show - do it on the Saturday night
The professionals they should use are:
Ola
Flavia
Camilla
Hayley
Lilia
Kristina
Darren
James
Ian
Matthew
Brendan
Vincent
That's all I can think of for now, what do you think?

You can't get rid of Karen :O. Shes great!

GiRTh
23-12-2008, 01:56 PM
LOL

Karen reminds me of drunken old Aunty at a wedding. Her facial expression while she's dancing crack me up. She was good with Mark R at the start but by the end I could not stand her answering every question for him.

Karen is pushing 40 so I would not be surprised if she didn't return.

BBkid
23-12-2008, 01:57 PM
You can't get rid of Karen :O. Shes great! [/quote]

Yes, she's great but will be 39 by the time the next series starts and that is too old imo.:whistle:

Adamw92
25-12-2008, 06:09 PM
The only thing needed for a perfect Strictly is a deserving winner

Damaris
25-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Tom Alesha and etc were all deserving winners.

I think nothing needs to be changed.

Adamw92
25-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Alesha was, Tom wasn't

robb
29-12-2008, 02:57 PM
The judges can comment, but don't contribute half the vote, trying to keep their faves out of the bottom 2 is not right. IT'S THE PUBLIC WHO SHOULD DECIDE!!

Adamw92
31-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by robb
The judges can comment, but don't contribute half the vote, trying to keep their faves out of the bottom 2 is not right. IT'S THE PUBLIC WHO SHOULD DECIDE!!

and get someone like John as the winner? right, good choice...:rolleyes:

robb
02-01-2009, 01:58 PM
The alternative is to let the judges decide....................so for week after week their 'pet' rachel would be at the top of the leader board, with not a hope in hell for ANY of the others, however good they were. 8 MILLION VIEWERS WOULD SOON BECOME 8,000!
The voting system works on XF........you may disagree with the public outcome, AND WHO IS IN THE BOTTOM 2, but at least it wouldn't be fixed!
Or maybe don't have a bottom 2 either......that would be fun.....:bored:

Bigbrofanatic!
30-05-2009, 03:14 PM
They should still have four judges but put Anton Du Beke on the panel, although i do love seeing him with a partner in the actual show, so would be tricky for him to do both!

No why you cutting the shows length? The more of Strictly the better!! I look foward to it every year! Plus i love the sunday night results shows, cos theres nothing on on sundays so yeah keep them!

30stone
30-05-2009, 03:15 PM
For it to be Axed.