PDA

View Full Version : Camilla Dallerup quits 'Strictly'

Arneldo
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup has confirmed that she will not return for the next series of the programme.

The professional dancer was part of the show's original lineup in 2004 and has since appeared in every series. Last month, she secured victory for the first time with her celebrity partner Tom Chambers.

"I think some people will be surprised at my decision but I feel now is the right time to go," Dallerup told the News Of The World. "I have to follow my dreams."

"I need to give other things a go before I settle down and have a family," she continued. "Winning the show was just the icing on the cake. I've always been told to leave a party when you're having a good time."

Dallerup has now called for a major revamp of the competition's voting system in the wake of the high-profile semi-final problems last month. Show producers were forced to cancel a planned elimination after the judges' scores made it impossible for viewer votes to save Chambers.

Speaking about the panel, she explained: "I think they should just act as guides to the public, who then have complete control over who goes through to the next round. The British public spend their money and want to know their call makes a difference."

She added: "Strictly's an entertainment show, not a professional competition. The public love people who can't dance as well as the other contestants but are great entertainers."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/a140020/camilla-dallerup-quits-strictly.html)

Kate..
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow. I can see her point though, apart from the panel just being a guide.

*mazedsalv**
04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Aww, I really liked Camilla.

Callum
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
:shocked: Didn't see that coming! I'll really miss her, she was my favorite professional dancer.

Sophii3x
04-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Aw no! I really like Camilla.. I hope she's still going to do the live tour this year though, cause I'm going!

pinkmichk
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
:shocked: shes one of the best professional dancers the show has but i agree with her point over the judges

MrGaryy
04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
NOOOOO! I love her so much, she's my fave, I like her more than some of the contestants!

I supported her on The Underdog Show too!

Damaris
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
:mad:

Shes my fave. :bigsmile:

Jen
05-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I love Camilla...
Now Anton has to win the next series... :lovedup:

dennisgirl
07-01-2009, 10:02 AM
did she leave cause she finally won?

GiRTh
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
It's sad for Camilla to leave especially as she was one of the original dancers from the very first series.

I'm glad she made the decision herself and wasn’t forced to leave like Nicole Cutler. This way she gets to go out on a high as the reigning champion. I don’t think she's going to be the only dancer to leave this year. I think Anton, Erin and maybe *hopefully* the Jordan’s will follow her out the door.

robb
20-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Camilla has gone out at the top, and deservedly so. And her point about the judges only being a 'guide' is spot on. WELL DONE CAMILLA!!

BigSister
20-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Ive grown to like her this past year so im kinda sad shes decided to leave