PDA

View Full Version : World Cup.

Glitter_babe
31-05-2002, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure how many of you are into this, or even interested in football, but I am, so I thought i'd start a topic for it where I can incessantly ramble when I get the urge about the state of the teams or how well England are doing (hopefully!)

Anyway, was watching part of the France/Senegal game (I was at college doing revision for the first half) and I was wondering if anyone else watched/was shocked at the fact Senegal won???

I must say, they looked pretty impressive playing - certainly a surprise to me (I just assumed they'd be crap).

What do we reckon the England score will be on Sunday?? I'm reckoning 2-1 to us, but i was never great at predicting scores. And I hope Dyer plays - everyone went on about Beckham, but Dyer is a pretty damn good player too (though I accept not the same level of interest as Beckham!)

Also, giving this a BB3 link - Lee said he was a massive footie fan, didn't he? I wonder how he'll cope without the world cup (if he stays!)?? :conf:

WILDCHILD
31-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Hey Glitter_babe!:wavey:

I am really excited about the World Cup!:colour::colour:
I was watching the match earlier, the opening of it was fab, they worked hard on it to look good!
I was very shocked to see Senegal win, afterall France won the last World Cup and Euro! I say 'Well done Senegal' They deserved to win!

Now onto England, a lot of people think that we are not gonna do so well but I say have faith in our Country.
One of the most important things our team have got is team spirit and sometimes that is even more important that performance, they are really hyped up for it and so is the country!!
I think we could do well, Im not giving up hope yet!!

GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!
Good Luck on sunday!
:hello::colour::elephant::hello::colour::elephant: :hello::colour::elephant::hello::colour::elephant: :hello::colour::elephant:

Glitter_babe
31-05-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm glad there are fellow enthusiasts here! I missed the opening, but apparently it was pretty fantastic!

I won't give up hope we'll win it till the dying seconds, but I think Italy may well be strong contenders this year....

I'll back you with the smilies!

:elephant::colour::bouncy::colour::elephant::colou r::bouncy::colour::elephant:

BigSister
31-05-2002, 05:04 PM
I am reallllllllllllllly excited 4 the world cup

I watched part of the France Vs Senegal match and i cant believe Senegal won

That gives us hope cos we might not get france in 2nd round if we get there

I think we have a good as chance as any1 cos why are we there is first place, make up numbers i dont think so:hugesmile:GO ENGLAND

LEE
31-05-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm not into that into football and must admit that I am not particularly bothered about the World Cup. I will probably watch some of the England games and I hope they do well.

:flower:

Graeme
31-05-2002, 06:02 PM
I actually tried to convince the teachers at school to let me watch the France/Senegal game IN MY OWN TIME but no they haven't got enough time, so I couldn't watch it:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::ba wling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: but then again my mum gave me the review when I got home so I have recovered, sort of.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

James
31-05-2002, 06:56 PM
Yep, I'll be watching the World Cup.

A well deserved win for Senegal to beat the world champions.

I was at home today and I saw it. France just didn't get going.

As for supporting England?
I'll get back to you on that one.

:thumbs:

Princess Pink Pants
31-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by James
As for supporting England?
I'll get back to you on that one.

Who you supporting then???

James
31-05-2002, 07:13 PM
I guess some people where I live will be cheering on Sweden, Argentina and Nigeria

Actually I'm neutral. I don't mind England doing OK.

I'd quite like to see France recover from their bad start.

Glitter_babe
31-05-2002, 07:17 PM
I guess some people where I live will be cheering on Sweden, Argentina and Nigeria

I take it that means you come from Scotland??
If so then i'm glad you don't mind England doing ok! My Dad's scottish mates are terrible (but funny!) and they'd rather have Germany win - which i find harsh!! :spin:

Princess Pink Pants
31-05-2002, 07:20 PM
That is harsh! If Scotland were in it and England werent, I'd be cheering Scotland on!

They R obviously just jealous and bitter!

James
31-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Princess Pink Pants
If Scotland were in it and England werent, I'd be cheering Scotland on!

That is very true. Most English people cheer on Scotland.

We've just got an inferiority complex about football. The only Scottish person that's ever been in the second round of the World Cup is the referee!

On the subject of Germany, on BBLB tonight Dom Joly said that Alex should be evicted because he's part German and the World Cup's started.
Bit out of order that with his parents in the studio.

Mad Matty
31-05-2002, 09:11 PM
COME ON ENGLAND

I find the result highly amusing:spin:
If they cant beat this little known African team how are they going to face up to the likes of Italy,Argentina and ENGLAND?

We(at school) were gonna watch the match on telly but the telly broke down:bawling:

They made up for it a bit by letting us play footy for the whole afternoon:elephant:

LEE
31-05-2002, 09:36 PM
by James
On the subject of Germany, on BBLB tonight Dom Joly said that Alex should be evicted because he's part German and the World Cup's started.
Bit out of order that with his parents in the studio.
I thought that as well James. He made it even worse a few minutes later when he just said 'German' in a very derogatory fashion when they'd been talking to them.

:flower:

James
31-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by LEE
I thought that as well James. He made it even worse a few minutes later when he just said 'German' in a very derogatory fashion when they'd been talking to them.

This and the booing of Lynne tonight at the eviction has left a very nasty taste in my mouth about Big Brother.

LEE
01-06-2002, 10:25 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not actually enjoying this years BB very much at all. None of the housemates this year have appealed in the way that all of them last year did. I hate the newer strict rules, I think they are going too far you cause conflict and get ratings. To me it doesn't appeal, infact if it wasn't for TiBB I would probably not be watching BB3 very much at all.

Amy
02-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Played well in the first half what happened in the second half WHAT A GOAL TO GIVE AWAY!!!

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Mad Matty
02-06-2002, 11:44 AM
We played terrible in the second half:bawling:

*organises a witch hunt for Danny Mills*

Fancy Micheal Owen hitting the side netting:bawling::bawling:

Glitter_babe
02-06-2002, 01:09 PM
What a bloody shambles!

Danny "Doh!" Mills (who otherwise had a pretty much average game), David "I'm not going to stay on my goal line" Seaman (I have the uptmost respect for him, but he was too far out when they scored), Michael "I refuse to run and create space so that Beckham, Dyer, Heskey and co can feed me chances" Owen....

Heskey shouldn't have been on the left, I don't think he gets on well there at all, and when Joe Cole came on i was sure it was to replce Heskey, but no! Sven replaced Vassel, who played a blinder?????

Please! I thought Vassel had a great game - why move him? Hargreaves wasn't too bad either, but he got noticably tired.

All in all we really really need to up our game for Argentina, otherwise we don't stand a chance!

We were bad enough in the first half, never mind the second - we may as well have passed them the ball! Come on lad's , get it sorted!!!

:colour::bouncy::colour::bouncy::colour:

I may seem slightly over the top, but I am very disappointed - we are capable of much, much better, and the whole team knows it!

BigSister
02-06-2002, 07:23 PM
I agree Glitter Babe

I think we will have to play better than that to go thru

I hope we do though

I want us to beat Argies, cos i hate them

Go England

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Graeme
04-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Japan are doing very well so far and it's nearly the end of the Game, 2-1 against Belguim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILDCHILD
06-06-2002, 10:38 PM
GOOD LUCK ENGLAND FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!

Lets hope England win against Argentina tomorrow!!:elephant::hello::elephant::hello::eleph ant::hello::elephant::hello::elephant::hello:

Graeme
07-06-2002, 07:08 AM
We can only hope to beat them, I think it'll be a good game and alot of people are predicting that the game will end as a draw, it might well happen.

Meanwhile at 7:30am this moring Nigeria and Sweden started there 2nd game in the world cup and so far 35 mins into the game Nigera have scored one goodgoal with a spectacular celebration and Henrik Larrson has just scored for Sweden *cough* unfortunately *cough*

Glitter_babe
07-06-2002, 08:20 AM
I have faith that if our lads play their hearts out (which I know they will) then we can beat Argentina.

Slightly disappointed to hear Vassel is unlikely to be played - I though the had a good game against Sweden.

Come on England!! :colour::colour::colour:

I have faith anyway. God, i'm so nervous that I can barely eat - this is so weird!! I think they should show the BB house the game - they are obviously all (well most) eager to see it.

blinkinlovely
07-06-2002, 10:17 AM
:xyxwave::xyxwave::xyxwave:
I'm going off to the pub to watch the match in a few minutes.
:dance::dance::dance:
Let's hope that the team can do it but I'm not very optimistic!!
:conf::conf::conf::conf:
Enjoyed all the puns in the tabloid headlines this morning tho'!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Anyway:
Come on England!!!!

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

WILDCHILD
07-06-2002, 01:56 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
:hello::colour::hello::colour::hello::colour::hell o::colour::hello::colour::hello::colour:

HOW AMAZING WAS THAT GAME?!!!:shocked::laugh::shocked:
Beckhams penalty was fab; we could have had so many more chances but we cant complain, Argentina hadnt been beaten for 18 games and we did it!!!:hugesmile:

CONGRATULATIONS ENGLAND!!!!

:thumbs::elephant::thumbs::elephant::thumbs::eleph ant::thumbs:

avriljayne
07-06-2002, 02:20 PM
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawl ing::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I hate to see grown men cry unless....

it is ARGENTINA

Well done Becks & Co

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::love::l ove::hello::hello::hello:

Glitter_babe
07-06-2002, 04:49 PM
I know what the phrase "edge of your seat" means now!

I was nervous from the goal till the end, and thats a good 45 minutes of nervousness, I can tell you! It is not good for my heart at all!!

Fantastic performance though, well done guys!!!

:colour::colour::colour:

Amy
07-06-2002, 05:23 PM
WE WON YES YES YES 1-0

WELL DONE TO OUR BOYS!!!!!

:dance::elephant::dance::elephant::dance::elephant ::dance::elephant::dance::elephant::dance:

blinkinlovely
07-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Actuslly in the pub I was in, grown men and wone (and children) cried ... and jumped and sang etc.

What an afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done England!!!
:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Vindalooo............

Princess Pink Pants
07-06-2002, 06:57 PM
I skived college to watch it in a pub and afterwards I went outside and it was madness! There were 2 other pubs opposite and every1 was shouting across the road at each other and cars were driving past beeping their horns!
They even had the police there but there was no trouble every1 was just excited!

I take it Argentina arent the faves anymore?

They really play dirty dont they?!

Ive gotta miss the end of the England/Nigeria match coz I have an exam! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Mad Matty
07-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Stuff the exam:laugh:

You HAVE to match the match!!!

Princess Pink Pants
07-06-2002, 07:51 PM
I can watch most of it! I'll miss the last half hour though!

The worst thing is the exam is 3 and a quarter hours long so unless I find out the score just before we start I'll hav 2 wait that long!!!

Graeme
09-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Oooh Nasty Exams, I couldn't cope waiting 3 and a half hours to find out if England have won Group F, Oooh Nasty Exams!!!!!

Mad Matty
09-06-2002, 11:24 AM
If you have a phone with vibrater alert:Have the result texted to it.Make sure the key pad noises are off and when your phone vibrates secratly look.

Dont help if is ring only though...

splodge0
09-06-2002, 12:31 PM
With the misery of the "split" I may actually watch the World Cup this year...... And I don't normally watch football unless WE have teams playing..........

Ch4........Take note !

Mad Matty
09-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Will you be matching the game against Nigeria then?

splodge0
09-06-2002, 12:51 PM
YEP

Mad Matty
09-06-2002, 04:32 PM
Good.The more people cheering us on the better.

Amy
10-06-2002, 05:33 PM
This wednesday 7:30am
Lets just hope they win!!!!!
they CAN do it!!!
:dance::dance::dance:

Janette
10-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Don't forget, The republic Of Ireland are playing tomorrow afternoon, let's support them as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if we both got through to the next round!!!!!!!!!!!

blinkinlovely
11-06-2002, 05:39 AM
:xyxwave::xyxwave::xyxwave:
Good Luck to Ireland todya and , of course, England tomorrow - I've managed to get the job of 'supervising' those kids who wish to turn up eatly at school on Wednesday!!!! Lol
:joker::joker:::joker::joker:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Graeme
11-06-2002, 05:14 PM
I'm going itno school at 7:30 to have a World Cup Breakfast. We get a drink, some otast and best of all we get to watch the whole of the match.

COME ON ENGLAND
In Sven We Trust

WILDCHILD
11-06-2002, 05:44 PM
I think most school s are providing a screen and some snacks for the World Cup cos they are scared ppl will mitch - and they will!!
I am gong in earlier to watch it with my friends!

GO ENGLAND!!!!!
:hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hell o::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs:

And congrats to Ireland!!!!! 3-0- pretty good!!:thumbs:

And bad luck to France - KNOCKED OUT!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::colour::colour:
Afterall they won Euro and the last cup, they're out!!!! HAHAHA!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mad Matty
11-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Im gonna miss of tomorrows match as its on when i have to travel:bawling:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA@France.

Sorry but i find it HIGHLY amusing.

Nice one you boys in green:hello:

Amy
12-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Well no goals but we're through anyway lets hope we can get further!!!!

:elephant::dance::elephant::dance::elephant:

WILDCHILD
12-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Well Done England for getting thru to the next round!!!!:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello ::hello::hello::hello:

I thought we deserved to win the game cos we created sop many chances but youve got to give it to Nigeria, for a team that is to be knocked out, they did pretty good.

And Argentina are out!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good Luck to England for Saturday!!!!
WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!:elephant::dance::elephant::dance::elephan t::dance::elephant::dance:

Glitter_babe
12-06-2002, 11:47 AM
You've got to give it to Nigeria, they played well for a team that has been knocked out

Yeah, cos they had nothing to lose. Nigeria are actually a good side - the haven't been outclassed in any of their games, they've held up well, it's not like they've lost by huge margins, they just aren't quite as good as the likes of Argentina.

I had an exam this morning - imagine my horror at having to get up early to watch the first half, then travel inot college. Then when i reached college, they'd put all exams back till 9.30 in honour of the game, and I was curing because I could have stayedin bed. But when i got to the library, they had a big screeen up there, so I went and watched the second half - was so funny to hear all the "OOOOOOOOooooooooooh!" and "Argh" and "So close"s all coming out at once - it's bnice to watch the game with a crowd! Feels more like a football ground! Anyway, didn't get any last minute revision done because of football, but I had done a lot........

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!

Demark are good, but nowhere near as good as us (!!!!)Plus their goalkeeper plays for Sunderland, so I'd love it if we scored loads past 'im (I am a newcastle fan, unlike the rest of my family, who love Sunderland. ) Seems i was the only one born with brains....!

:colour::colour::colour:

Princess Pink Pants
12-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Glitter_babe

I had an exam this morning - imagine my horror at having to get up early to watch the first half, then travel inot college.

I had an exam at 9.30 as well, but I couldnt get a lift at half time so I was in the college canteen at 7.30!!!

WILDCHILD
14-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Good Luck for 2moro England!!!!!!!
:thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thum bs::hello::thumbs::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::t humbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello:

WE CAN DO IT!!!!:colour::laugh::colour::laugh::colour::laugh :

Its just gonna get very tense if it comes to penalties!!:shocked::spin2:

Amy
14-06-2002, 06:21 PM
YES GOOD LUCK ENGLAND!!!!!

:dance::colour::dance::colour::dance:

Graeme
14-06-2002, 07:06 PM
HA HA THE ARGIES ARE OUT HA HAHA HA THE ARGIES ARE OUT HA HA
such a shame that aint it :bawling: - NOT!!!!

Mad Matty
15-06-2002, 12:23 PM
3-0!!!!!!

AND ITS ONLY HALF-TIME!!!

FERDINAND,OWEN AND HESKEY!!!!

WHO ELSE WILL SCORE?!?!

WILDCHILD
15-06-2002, 12:27 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!
:elephant::colour::elephant::colour::elephant::col our::elephant::colour::elephant::colour::elephant: :colour:

GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!
Could it be another win like we did with Germany, fingers crossed - but anything could change now - lets not get too excited!!!!!:hello::dance::hello::dance::hello::da nce::hello::dance::hello::dance::hello::dance:

LEE
15-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Even little ole 'don't really care about the footie' me is watching this one and thinks it's an exciting match. :spin2:

COME ON ENGLAND

Amy
15-06-2002, 03:39 PM
What a result well done Ehgland
3-0
:elephant::colour::dance::elephant::colour::dance:

WILDCHILD
15-06-2002, 05:50 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/reuters_ids/20020615/t/269426688.jpg

BRING ON BRAZIL!!!!!!:dance::hello::dance::hello::dance::he llo::dance::hello::dance::hello::dance:

Glitter_babe
16-06-2002, 03:09 PM
BRING ON BRAZIL!!!!!!
They won't know what hit 'em!!!!!

I feel very strongly that the Republic of Ireland deserve ahuge clap, as they throughly deserved to beat Spain, who got through by the skin of their teeth.

Ireland fought all match, where spain appeared to give up, and they were definately very unlucky.

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

Special applause to Niall Quinn (he's a star!) and Duff, who worked his ickle socks off (although all of them did.)

It's such a shame to lose on penalties, but especially such a shame when you deserved the victory. They should leave Japan feeling really proud.

(Incidentally, i think that was one of the best matches of the tournament so far.)

Let's hope our boys don't suffer the same unfair fate!!!!!!!!!

Amy
17-06-2002, 07:09 PM
7:30am friday England v Brazil
GOOD LUCK GUYS I HOPE WE WIN WE DESERVE TO THE WAY WE PLAYED ON SATURDAY

:dance::elephant::elephant::dance:

WILDCHILD
17-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Its gonna be a tough match but I have faith in our lads.:flower:

Good Luck England!
:thumbs::spin2::thumbs::spin2::thumbs::spin2::thum bs::spin2::thumbs::spin2:

susieq
17-06-2002, 10:35 PM
COME ON ENGLAND

Come on Becks and the boys - you can do it. If you can beat Argentina, you can beat anyone. Brazil are a very good side, but not unbeatable.

COME ON ENGLAND

Romantic Old Bird
17-06-2002, 10:48 PM
GOOD LUCK CHAPS!
http://coolsigforum.com/images/flags/pics/tn_england.gif

Amy
19-06-2002, 11:20 AM
If Italy can be beat we should be able to beat Brazil if we play as well as we did against Denmark COME ON ENGLAND!!!
:dance::elephant::dance::elephant:

WILDCHILD
19-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Apparently, IF England get to the final of the World Cup, Tony Blair will consider a public holiday from demand of Tony Banks, Sports Minister. Even if we win or lose, a holiday would be given to Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and of course England on Momday July 1st.
YAY!!!!!!!!!:colour::bouncy::colour::bouncy::colou r::bouncy::colour::bouncy::colour::bouncy::colour:

Amy
19-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Good news all round then apart from the fact that every poor sod that is in retail will still have to work
:bawling::bawling:

Princess Pink Pants
20-06-2002, 11:07 AM
2moro morning will bw the 1st time I have been in a pub at 7.30am!

Oh well good practice for my holiday I spose!!!

Glitter_babe
20-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Apparently, IF England get to the final of the World Cup, Tony Blair will consider a public holiday from demand of Tony Banks, Sports Minister. Even if we win or lose, a holiday would be given to Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and of course England on Momday July 1st.
oh good old Tony. Apparently he's going to go to watch in Japan if england get to the final. how jolly patriotic of him. (Onlly if they get to the final mind you.)

I'd have a public holiday however.

Lol princess - i'm in turmoil - drag myself out of bed and watch at the pub (which is an exhausting five minutes walk!) with all the men (very few women in my area go to watch) or stay in bed with a cupof tea and be boring?????

Where does Anna go?

YOU decide....:laugh::laugh:

Decisions, decisions........

Glitter_babe
21-06-2002, 09:05 AM
I'm glad I skipped the pub and stayed at home - the urge to drink huge excesses of alcohol would have been fartoo tempting. Instead, I dragged my quilt downstairs, and watched, screamed when we scored, and then we came out for the second half..................and gave up.

Ity was such an anti climax - i felt really disappointed, we just seemed to stop caring.

Well done chaps though. I think the team we have at the moment will only get stronger.....
#

And i felt so sorry for David Seaman - he looked devastated, and there wasn't much he could do.

I have a feeling that will be his last match in a major tournament.....

WILDCHILD
21-06-2002, 04:09 PM
How depressed am I at todays result?:bawling:
I was SO sure that we would win when Owen scored, I was confident and I think a lot of people were. I was so happy too and went mad, I watched in the school hall and it was so cool.:dance:
But then when that equaliser came, we went downhill and it was such a shame, it was a nerve-wrecking game.
I am GUTTED!

But...
Well Done England!:hello::thumbs::hello::thumbs::hello::thum bs::hello::thumbs:

Like Glitterbabe said, if the young players we have at the moment are that good now, think how they will do in a few years time.
And as for Seaman, he has been the best in the whole tournament and I hope he doesnt take it too badly, although I heard he was still planning to play for Euro 2004.
Lets hope he does cos he is the best player we have got.:spin2:

LEE
26-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Oldgit, your last post has been deleted.

Racist comments are not tolerated on this forum.

WILDCHILD
27-06-2002, 01:01 PM
So, who are we gonna root for guyz in the final:
GERMANY or BRAZIL!!!!

Brazil knocked England out of the World Cup about a week aho

Germany and England have a bit of a history.
I am not really gonna support any of thyem - may the best team win!
But it would be weird if Germany beat Brazil cos we lost to Brazil but kicked Germany's asses 5-1!!!!!!!
But thats the way football works!!!:laugh::bouncy::laugh:

Graeme
27-06-2002, 06:51 PM
!!!!COME ON BRAZIL!!!!

It will make England look good if the only country to beat us won the world cup wouldn't it?

I say lets all cheer on Brazil, anyone with me?

Oldgit
27-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by LEE
Oldgit, your last post has been deleted.

Racist comments are not tolerated on this forum.

PURR-LEASE!!

It was not a racist (Anti-German) comment, it was a snide obtuse anti-Alex comment. At no time did it make any generalised derogatory comments about Germans in general, which is what a racist comment would do.

Where is your sense of humour for Christ sake?

I actually don't have a problem with Germany winning the world cup, I wanted them to beat S Korea purely because I thought that S Korea deserved to go out against Italy and Spain and had been assisted by some diabolical decisions by referees and their assistants.

As far as the final is concerned may the best team win.

I don't have a problem with Alex being half German. Having seen his parents on TV I think it is the English half I don't like.

I'll tell you about racism: back in the late 70s I used to live in Brick Lane, a predominantly Asian area of East London, and I used to stand on the corner at the Sunday Morning Market barracking the National Front selling their filth, and me and my mates always got moved on by the police, who let the Nazis peddle their **** with impunity.

These people used to go round beating people up because of their colour and race.

So, having taken my (admittedly rather silly) little joke away, but left in a comment accusing me of being racist, what does it look like?:nono: For all anyone knows I could have written anything.

If you felt the need to delete the contribution, you could have e-mailed me with your reasons.

Please leave this mailing in, as I think anyone who may have read your accusation against me but not the original joke may have got the wrong idea.

LEE
27-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Oldgit, it wasn't just me. I had three complaints from other members.

I thought it was an unecessary comment, I had complaints, I deleted it.

Oldgit
27-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LEE
Oldgit, it wasn't just me. I had three complaints from other members.

I thought it was an unecessary comment, I had complaints, I deleted it.

I suspected as much, but you could have e-mailed me rather than gave me a public ticking off.

If I offended anyone, sorry, but as I said, I don't have problems with people of any nationality.

We are hypocrites in this country, if I make a joke about someone being half-German, you get complaints about racism. I think the way the Asylum Seeker problem is reported in the press and unfortunately by the Government is racist: "We don't want Johnny Foreigner over here sponging off the welfare state" etc etc.

That is racism because (a) you are generalising about people rather than treating them as individuals and (b) you are concerned about their country of origin. Unfortunately I cannot get this offensive stuff deleted from the papers!

Graeme
29-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Unlucky South Korea, you played well but just couldn't cut it against Turkey.

In case anyone missed it, Turkey won 3-2 against South Korea in the 3rd and 4th playoff game in the World Cup.

The next game the last game is tomorrow on Sunday which is the Final of the World Cup.

Brazil vs Germany In Yokohama in Japan

!!!COME ON BRAZIL!!!

BigSister
30-06-2002, 06:50 PM
I am sad that we got knocked out

I am pleased Brazil won

Roll on 2004

:elephant::elephant::elephant:

WILDCHILD
01-07-2002, 02:04 PM
WELL DONE BRAZIL!!!!!:hello::colour::hello::colour::hello::c olour::hello:

Theres no gettn away from it - they are a bloody good team and that Ronaldo, well, he is fantastic!
Brilliant to see the presentation of the World Cup and to see Pele, would have been better if England had it but watch out for EURO04!!!!!!!!:elephant::colour::elephant::colour: :elephant::colour: