PDA

View Full Version : celeb love island?

cc100
08-05-2005, 06:11 PM
will you be watching?

its supposed to be ITVs BB beater!!

I bet they dump it from the schedules within 2 weeks!

Lance
08-05-2005, 07:52 PM
ya it wont beat bb even if we get another bb4?!

BusyBee
13-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeh, Abby Titmuss, Calum Best, Rebecca Loos to name a few - definitely one to watch :nono::nono::nono: People are getting fed up with celebrities going on shows like this to make money - who cares about any of them.

cc100
13-05-2005, 05:10 PM
abi titmuss is everywhere.

what exactly is her talent??

the same goes for loos and best:sleep::sleep::sleep::devil:

lizzie_bb5
13-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Probs won't b watching it! Theres no way it can be better thn bb!! And anyway i hate Rebecca Loos (she isn't a celeb) x

Arneldo
13-05-2005, 06:04 PM
THIS IS MENT TO BE THE ITV THAT BEATS BB ???????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

to_the_end
14-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
THIS IS MENT TO BE THE ITV THAT BEATS BB ???????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*joins in* HAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Totally agree with you! I'll be watching it, but not when BB is on! ITV is only good for one thing - Corras :rolleyes: oh and footballer's wives but thats poop now!

cc100
14-05-2005, 05:47 PM
corrie rules

lizzie_bb5
15-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah i luv Corrie!! (and footballers wives) x

BigSister
16-05-2005, 12:38 PM
This start tonight *agree with Lizzie over FW and Corrie*

BusyBee
16-05-2005, 01:08 PM
I think this will miss out because viewers like to watch 'celebrities' having a hard time as in IACGMOOH with creepy crawlies etc, but from what I can see this lot of celebrities will be treated to five weeks of pure luxury (and be paid for doing it). There is no way this is going to beat BB when it starts.

BigSister
16-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I hope not BB im going to give it a miss

Mark
17-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Did anyone see this?

It was nothing special really, just as BusyBee said, 'celebrities' being treated to 5 weeks of luxury.

They based the whole show on one couple (can't even remember their names) - and then ask people to vote two of them into some special area for a few days, and of course the two they focus the whole show on go through. I like to think BB is the VIEWERS choice, but this show so far looks quite the opposite :spin2:

- Mark

Mike
17-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Its not a bad show, at least its something to keep us going until BB comes on..

Amy
17-05-2005, 08:19 AM
I missed the show, may take a looy at it tonight is it on every night??? or not??

BigSister
17-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah I agree Mark all it is is celebs being pampered with butlers etc

BusyBee
17-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Well OH is away this week and son at home for the night, so as he fancies Kelly Brooke he talked me into watching. Well we did for about 3 minutes. It was so cringeworthy even he said that he couldnt stand any more. I hope it goes the same way as Celebrity Wrestling. I certainly shant be watching any more, that brief glimpse was more than enough for me.

Amy
17-05-2005, 12:52 PM
They were just talking about this on Radio 1 and Colin said his friend who's a hard core Reality TV fan that will usually watch all Reality TV turned this off more or less straight away! I can't see them doing another series of this show.

BigSister
17-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Thats like me Amy:joker:

Mike
17-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Give the show a chance people, it only started last night...

cc100
17-05-2005, 05:36 PM
what a bunch of egos!!!

like i said at the start of this thread, it will be dumped from the schedules very soon.

It got off to a reasonable start with 5.3 million viewers last night but lost out to BBC1's old fogey cop drama, New Tricks, and the 10 O'Clock News.

kaphc
17-05-2005, 07:05 PM
At least it's a Reality TV show without Jade Goody in it .... oh hang on, it's got Rebecca Loos in it, that's just as bad!

Amy
17-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by kaphc
At least it's a Reality TV show without Jade Goody in it .... oh hang on, it's got Rebecca Loos in it, that's just as bad!

LMAO :laugh:

Arneldo
17-05-2005, 07:47 PM
i watched it last nite!

it was terrible !!! ---- i switched over after a half hour! i wathed fool around with ... nadia instead! --- now that was hilierious

Mike
17-05-2005, 08:04 PM
i watched it last nite!

it was terrible !!! ---- i switched over after a half hour! i wathed fool around with ... nadia instead! --- now that was hilierious

What was hilarious though? Nadia cant string two words together so you cant be talking about her, i guess you mean the show in general.

Arneldo
17-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike
i watched it last nite!

What was hilarious though? Nadia cant string two words together so you cant be talking about her, i guess you mean the show in general.

yeah ! the show was funny! nadia was ok not great --

Mike
17-05-2005, 09:41 PM
cool, i thought thats what you meant...

cc100
18-05-2005, 05:35 PM
love island is car crash tv!!

Blink_Me
18-05-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't like the look of it.

Kaz
18-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Dreadful! :bored:

Felt really sorry (NOT!!!) for Jayne Middlemiss crying to go home after one whole day spent in the lap of luxury .... :rolleyes: ....... get a grip, woman!

Amy
18-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
Dreadful! :bored:

Felt really sorry (NOT!!!) for Jayne Middlemiss crying to go home after one whole day spent in the lap of luxury .... :rolleyes: ....... get a grip, woman!

Dear me! I'm sure we'd all be in tears too NOT!!!!!!

kaphc
18-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I think I'd be crying if I were stuck on an island with Rebecca Loos, Abi Titmuss and Calum Best!

Mike
19-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Not only is the show rubbish but its been timed completely wrong, i mean how can they expect to get any viewers when BB starts just over a week later, seems stupid to me..

cc100
20-05-2005, 05:26 PM
can i hear a barrel being scrapped?

how low can tv go?

Blink_Me
21-05-2005, 08:42 AM
The only one I like in there as a person is Lee Sharpe.

cc100
22-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Im actually starting to like it now. That Liz seems like a nice lass

Mike
23-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Despite the show not being anything special ive still been watching it and i must admit its starting to get a bit better, unfortunately though BB will take my TV over on Friday.

cc100
24-05-2005, 06:03 PM
yeah. When itsa on the same time, I shall not watch it.

BB-Emi_Lou-BB
24-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I think it is absoloute rubbish but i still find myself watching it but when BB returns that is all i will be watching. Im hating that paul guy in it though he fancies everything with two legs.

BusyBee
25-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Watch any ratings they may have drop from Friday onwards. Wonder if they will keep it on or will it see the same outcome as Celebrity Wrestling

cc100
25-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
Watch any ratings they may have drop from Friday onwards. Wonder if they will keep it on or will it see the same outcome as Celebrity Wrestling

I think it will be dumped within a fortnight.

once it goes against bb, it doesent stand a chance:sleep:

cc100
29-05-2005, 05:36 PM
did you hear titmuss say she wants to be an actress!!

i think liz is getting a hard time. for me, shes the only normal gal there
===================

cc100
03-06-2005, 07:14 PM
OK, from the loveisland website...

"Dangerous Danan’s gone and done it, and is booted out of the villa by Security tonight!

As you read, Paul is settling down for a night in the Beach Hut and the decision will be made in the morning (Fiji time) as to whether he will be allowed back into the villa!

We all saw it coming, and the situation has escalated all day, with a lot of Paul’s paranoia being pointed towards Fran.

But when Paul decides to climb into Abi’s empty bed, Fran gives him a piece of his mind and turfs him out.

The pair continue to square up to each other and when Lee steps in to try and calm the situation down, Security are sent in!

But passionate Paul is soon sent to bed and it all seems quiet for a moment.

But it’s merely the calm before the storm, and when Paul decides to get up again, security remove him from the villa as the rest of the gang no longer feel safe in the same bedroom!

BusyBee
04-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Anyone know how this is doing in the ratings now that BB has started.

cc100
04-06-2005, 06:16 PM
yeah, when its not against bb, say when its on at 9pm, its in a groove of around 4million, but when its up against bb it gets average of around 2.2million.

InTheHood
07-06-2005, 01:41 AM
It's crap, but Titmuss is fit as

Mike
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Shes not the only fit one there mate...

xxxrachelxxx2045
07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
will things turn nasty !!! will they not turn tasty ! never know ! well i want as i never wach that thing !

cc100
08-06-2005, 07:23 PM
its a quality show at the mo, more interesting than bb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCLUSIVE: IS THIS MAN THE BIGGEST BERK ON THE BOX?

HE has fallen out with most of the men on Celebrity Love Island and has fallen for half the women.

Paul Danan is having serious problems coping with being a castaway on the ITV reality show...

He was forced to grovel after a drunken bust-up with Fran Cosgrave and warned he'd be sent home if he touched another drop of booze.

His shabby treatment of Lady Isabella Hervey led her to label him a "w****r".

Even before he arrived at the resort, he made a prat of himself by splashing out on countless pairs of sunglasses.

It seems Paul's bid to resurrect his career on the show is backfiring spectacularly. So is this the biggest berk on the box?

Well, not according to one fan - his mum Beverley. Speaking from her home in Chigwell, Essex, last night, she said that everyone is taking it too seriously.

"Paul's just being himself. It's light-hearted and he's having a great time. We're just laughing about it.

"We're proud of him. I know he can't drink. He doesn't drink. He's just being the most honest anyone could be. Paul is a good kid who's out there for the experience. He's having the most brilliant time and is just playing up for the cameras. Paul is enjoying every minute."

The proud 52-year-old added: "A lot of the celebrities are being very guarded. But Paul doesn't care - he has no fear. He's had a lot of stick but he copes with it."

B EVERLEY said that Paul's a "very loving person" and doesn't have a bad bone in his body - he certainly isn't malicious or nasty.

"People who care about him know the truth. With all the horrible things going on in the world, I feel sorry for those people who think this show is real-life."

So who is the former Hollyoaks star and why does the 26-year-old seem intent on blowing his big chance? His friends are less than impressed by his antics, saying the actor is just being true to form.

"He's being himself but, unfortunately, is coming across as a prat," says one friend. "It's typical behaviour - he's very highly strung. But he's not a teenager any more, even though he's acting like one."

The insider believes Paul is too desperate for success.

"He's determined and ambitious but he also has an incredibly high opinion of himself. He has a chip on his shoulder about being known as 'the guy who used to be in Hollyoaks'. He also thinks it's important to move in the right circles."

Unfortunately, his desire to mix with the rich and famous has led to a string of embarrassing incidents.

Two years ago, Paul was turned away by bouncers when he tried to gatecrash a VIP party where Cameron Diaz was sipping bubbly.

Desperate Paul claimed he knew the actress through mutual friends he met during his bid to crack Hollywood. But security staff at the premiere of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle were so concerned they assigned someone to watch him.

"He is obsessed with Cameron and thinks he stands a chance with her," says another friend. "He once sent her a handbag in a bid to get to know her but it clearly didn't work."

In December last year, he was spotted trailing after former S Club singer Tina Barrett "like a lapdog" at a bash at London's Met bar. She wasn't interested either.

At the Cannes film festival in 2002, he failed to charm actress Christina Ricci by pointing at her bottom and shouting: "It's perfect - I've got to go and chat her up."

And in 2001, he had to be dragged out of the Elle Style Awards after having too much to drink and stumbling around annoying guests.

When Playboy model Nikki Ziering arrived on the island at the weekend, he was desperate to know how Jennifer Aniston, Cameron and Justin Timberlake were doing, as if they were the best of pals.

An embarrassed Calum Best whispered: "Oh my God, that is degrading." It appears that Paul - who played Sol Patrick in C4's Hollyoaks - has two weaknesses: booze and women. Both have tripped him up during his stay in Fiji...

He flirted shamelessly with Isabella, 23, for three weeks but by the time she responded, he'd turned his attention to glam Nikki.

Furious Isabella blasted: "You're fickle and false! You have no respect for anyone. You are too up yourself." Charming Paul branded her frigid.

O NE TV insider told The Mirror: "We've been shocked by his erratic behaviour." That has been fuelled by boozing, something he was ordered to stop by show bosses.

Paul told the celebs: "I've quit drinking. If I dare to touch a sip of anything, that's my eviction. I should have done it ages ago. It just doesn't agree with me."

Paul is desperate not to blow this chance. He had high hopes of success when he quit Hollyoaks after three-and-a-half years and headed for Hollywood.

He co-starred with Kate Moss in an ad for Rimmel make-up. But his bid to make it big flopped and stints on Channel 4's The Priory, MTV and two low-budget films followed.

He hasn't had much luck with the ladies either. He was engaged to record company exec Rachel Weaver but they split two years ago.

And Paul claims he has only ever had two other serious relationships. "He was with Rachel - a very pretty girl - for a long while but they broke up," says a family friend. "Sadly, Paul's a complete hot-head.

"This could have been his chance. People make a lot of money through reality TV shows but this may be the kiss of death for his career."

Then again, Paul's father Danny, who runs a shop selling fridges in East London, believes his son is doing well on the island.

"He's not acting - that's the way he is. As far as the ladies there are concerned, he's like a rabbit in a field - he doesn't know which way to go.

"He's enjoying himself and he's a lovely lad. There's not an ounce of bad in his body."

DANAN on grasshoppers.. "They want to jump on me. I can feel them

DANAN on SEX.. ""Abi, if we went in the Love Shack together, it'll be doggy all the way

DANAN on the media.. "I wish the government could sort out the way we are getting portrayed because it's not fair, man!"

DANAN on birds.. """I haven''t seen any birds. Is it that birds don''t come over to such hot places, maybe?"

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=TV+%28UK%29

cc100
09-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Celebrity Love Island leads Big Brother in reality TV battle
by Julia Pearlman
Brand Republic 9 Jun 2005 http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/br/article/479372/celebrity-love-island-leads-big-brother-reality-tv-battle/

LONDON - ITV's 'Celebrity Love Island' won the ratings war with 'Big Brother' last night by attracting an extra 200,000 viewers as the appeal of beachside antics take over from housemate brawls and bitching.

'Celebrity Love Island' drew in 3.6m viewers with 'Big Brother' averaging 3.4m across the equivalent time slot. This gave ITV1 a 17.5% share at 10pm compared with Channel 4, which averaged 200,000 fewer viewers. ITV had a 25% share of the all important 16-34 demographic up 6.1 points.

In 'Celebrity Love Island', former 'Hollyoaks' actor Paul Danan and Playboy pin-up Nikki Ziering spent four minutes of "quality time" together in the toilets last night, made infamous by Calum Best and Rebecca Loos who spent 18 minutes in there last week.

ITV is planning to set pulses racing among the girls, after Zeiring's surprise arrival to the Fijian island, with Australian surfing champion Paul Fisher set to join the group today.

Abi Titmuss has cheered up after fearing no one liked her, by being voted into the Love Shack with former Manchester United footballer Lee Sharpe, who had sent her a postcard from the secluded beach retreat saying "not the same without you," to which Abi replied, "We're going to have some fun."

Sharpe and Ziering's time on the Love Shack did not go to plan with the model refusing to go snorkelling in case it ruined her hair and dragging Sharpe around the shops in her quest for a new bikini

Lance
09-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Well I guess we were wrong about CLI beating BB.

I dont watch the show anymore,I watched it once or twice,but I had enough in those few shows.

I think the show is appaling though,and Kelly and Patrick do not work at all together.Very bad match.

I am surprised that its beating BB in the ratings.I think its because BB is either something you watch or you dont whereas CLi you migh tune in just to see if nothing else is on,or if you dont like BB.

BigSister
10-06-2005, 03:50 PM
my mum watches both BB and CLI I say shes mad

cc100
10-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Storm in a D-Cup

Drama on Celebrity Love Island! And no, you didn't misread that last sentence. A tropical storm has swept through Fiji, cutting power and leaving the entire ITV production team including co-presenters, Patrick Kielty and Kelly Brook, stranded. The good news, sorry, bad news is that it means tonight's show might not go ahead as scheduled. Oh, Lordy, whatever will we do? ITV, which traditionally resorts to a repeat of It'll Be Alright on the Night whenever it pulls a programme from the schedule, will instead air a Love Island repeat and some "unseen footage". But the question on everybody's lips is - will anybody notice?
http://media.guardian.co.uk/diary/story/0,7540,1471537,00.html

ThaGazBoi
11-06-2005, 12:09 PM
I hate it.

I sometimes HAVE to watch it if mum or sis is watching its but its terrible

Rebecca Loos should burn in hell

Linny
11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I record CLI and watch BB then watch it afterwards........ I think Pauly or what ever his sniveling name is has done himself no favours being in the show..... I doubt he will work again after his antics.... Scary spoilt Brat that he is .........

ThaGazBoi
11-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Yes and that Nikki bird. That was in american pie. What a slapper!

Linny
11-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I think that Nikki was only put in there to mess with the others.... but slapper? she's got to be for snogging Paul Danan, I mean him of all people.......Bet it will be love for him now, not bad seeing last week he was in love with the Titmus and the week before it was Lady Isabella.....

cc100
11-06-2005, 07:40 PM
the shows getting better but that Loos woman is terrible?

ugly? she looks like a female jim rosenthal

Mike
11-06-2005, 07:48 PM
CLI is ok but ive had enough of Paul, if they were to bring another female onto the island his attention would quickly switch again.

ThaGazBoi
11-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Pauls a right twat

cc100
12-06-2005, 07:42 PM
who do we want to win?

Mike
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Lee & Abi

cc100
13-06-2005, 07:54 PM
lee and abi should win, i agree

cc100
BONKERS Paul Danan wants to date Isabella Hervey when he gets home from the Love Island — but vowed to continue kissing Nikki Ziering until then.

The love rat told Isabella he would phone her “all the time” and take her out.

But Paul, 26, refused to give up Playboy model Nikki, 33.

He said: “Isabella knows that I’m snogging Nikki but if Nikki goes, then me and Isabella can see each other. It’s a good position to be in.”

But Isabella, 23, was furious.

She said: “I feel very angry. I feel like grabbing him and saying, ‘Who the ******* do you think you are?’.

“He is thinking with his d*** and not his brain.” http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005270102,00.html

cc100
do you think there will be a second series?

InTheHood
16-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I think their will be a second series for sure!

Isabella nearly went! Now I fancy Abi alot, but prefer Isabella as a person. Would be criminal if Isabella didn't win for the girls. She has far more to her personality than the rest.

Mike
16-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Who went tonight? i know one of the girls was supposed to go.

InTheHood
17-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Nikki went. Isabella survived the final 2 vote

Razmataz
17-06-2005, 07:52 PM
CLI is a bag of Z LIST celebs trying revive there love lives cos they cheated ont he ex gf or bf and want £100,000 for relaxing in the sun if i could do that there would be no need to get a summer job

InTheHood
17-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Isabella gone :(

Bad night for me, Sam and Isabella who is really nice.

Fancy Abi, but she aint that hot personality wise

Mike
17-06-2005, 11:28 PM
I cant work out how Liz and Jayne are still in, i thought the whole point of the show was for the celebs to find love yet their not even after anyone. I suppose you could say they have been having a laugh though.

stoney12
18-06-2005, 12:02 AM
And Isabella has a great personaility does she?

InTheHood
18-06-2005, 02:20 AM
She's a nice girl. Down to earth, respectful and just plain nice.

InTheHood
18-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Abi Titmuss gone

chilledbootz
19-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Awww poor Abi:bawling:

That nasty Middlemiss woman is sooooo jealous. Get over yourself love! Lee knocked you back! Take a hint!

I think Lee and Abi make a lovely couple and I for one hope they make a go of things:thumbs:

InTheHood
19-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Abi is gorgeous, although I don't overly like her as a person, but Jayne is very annoying.

I can't believe her or Liz will win! Liz, well, do people realise she's in there?

Siouxsie
20-06-2005, 10:14 PM
never watched it