Notices

My life and thoughts!
Rate this Entry

Why I love Take That(reminder :p)

Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to MySpace Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to Twitter Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to Google Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to del.icio.us Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to Facebook Submit "Why I love Take That(reminder :p)" to Digg
Posted 08-05-2010 at 01:55 AM by Princess

I stole this from my Tumblr

Day 03 → Your favorite musician
Take That. Where to begin. Iíve written a million and one blogs about Take That. About how great they are,how much I love them,how many great memories theyíve given me and so many others. Lately I havnít been the biggest Take That fan,with the whole Mark being a man***** thing but they still are my faourite band ever and the music still means so much to me so Iím just going to forget about Mark for a second and write about why Take That are so brilliant.
I used to be obsessed with a couple called Prestelle and I went on forum for this couple and it was there that I got introduced to Take That by a few of their mad fans. This was summer 2006,I got a few of their songs and thought they were good and then Take That came back with a new song called Patience,I listened to that and liked it right away. Then I started listening more and screaming when I saw Gary Barlow billboards and one night I was listened to some special Take That show on Radio 2 and I realised I LOVED them. Itís esclated from there. That Christmas I got lots of Take That stuff,the following March I got tickets for 2 of their tour dates,one in London and one in Manchester(I live in Ireland). I began to learn all the little details about them,middle names and birthdays,childrens names,favourite drinks,football teams,favourite clothes to wear,their little random facts and quirks. Like Howard has a tortoise called Winston who was actually a girl,Mark had a trial for Man U but couldnít go cos he was injured,Gary had a butler called Maurice,Jasonís brothers are called Justin(twin),Oliver,Simon,Samuel and Dominic. Basically I was becoming obsessed. I believe that you can really obsessed with a band,but when you see them live it just goes to a whole new level. I first saw Take That live with my mum on the Beautiful World Tour in the O2 Arena,London,Friday 30th November 2007,block 407,row R,seat 604(ie if it rained we would have been the first to know). We were far away but it was just unbelievable,Iíve never screamed so loud in my life,my mum said she didnít think it was humanly possible for someone to scream that loud. It was a big huge blur of screams,singing,color,lights and amazingness. I went 2 weeks later in Manchester and that was equally amazing,being hometown and all. 2008 brought with it the release of The Circus and with that brought the release of tour tickets. Any Take That fan will tell you there is absolutely nothing more stressful than ticket day. I was less stressed doing my Leaving Cert. I was lucky though,I managed to get 4 tickets,2 for Manchester,2 for London. The week after that I queued up and bought my Dublin ticket and for Christmas I got a ticket for the last London date. All in all I was going to 6 Take That concerts in the space of 22 days,5 within 10 days,3 by myself and 5 in another country. Summer 2009 came and it was the most unbelievable and happiest time of my whole life. Sitting in a queue and feeling at home,seeing my boys up close,hearing my favoruite songs live,looking around during the Never Forget claps and just being in utter awe,surrounded by 80,000 Thatters and feeling like one big family. Those little moments youíll remember forever like Mark waving at me,having ticker tape rain on me,the goodbye speech on the last night,Mark ripping his pants,the banter and the looks and the cheekiness of them. Let alone the absolutely incredible show they put on. Incredible show. Thatís the thing with Take That,people ask me why I spend so much money on concerts. But unless you go you donít get it,you donít get that feeling of being there and the whole rest of the world fates away and youíve never ever felt so happy and alive. You go again and again because that feeling,you canít beat it. My friend once said to me when I was saying how everyone gave out to me about the money thing,he said ĎWell if you have the chance to buy happiness you shouldí And I did and it was amazing and I canít wait to go on tour and do it all over again. And this time will be even better cos Iíll have my Thatter friends and well Thatters are just the better people ever. Best fans ever for the best band ever.

Hold Up A Light by Take That

You can dance if you like
You can sing every line of every song
No, you donít have to steal the show
It was your show all along

As the orchestra plays
The people take the seats
Thereís no room left in this house
Itís only you and me
And if life is your stage
Iíll be watching

(Chorus)
Hold up a light for me(x3)
Hold up a light for me ohhhh
Iíll be watching
Hold up a light for me (x3)
And Iíll be watching you.

Everything that you do
As we start, rehearsing every scene
The words to everything
We realize that the crowd is listening
And then the tears, fall down on your face
In exactly the right place

As the people start to stand up in the aisles
You can hear the sound of violins
On every street tonight
You can see all lovers dancing around
Iíll be watching

(Chorus)
Iíll be watching

All the things you see
End up where they should be
All the things you see
End up where they should be

(Chorus)
Iíll be watching

ĎCos Iím loving you and Iím loving this
Hold up a light for me, hold up a light (x2)
A light for me
Iíll be watching you (x2)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 679 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments