ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your stupidest excuses for sick days or being late for work? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192916)

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 15-12-2011 03:26 PM

Your stupidest excuses for sick days or being late for work?

What are yours?

I remember once time ago, working at Dixons at that point, I was very late for work and I knew that the strict/no nonsense manager was in that day so i was trying to make it out like some serious health issue was going on so all i came up with was
"when i got in the bath this morning I started bleeding..." and he replied "what you mean you got your period?" :lol: I don't remember what I rambled on about afterwards but yeah that was stoopid. he watched me closley after that :bored:

Tom 15-12-2011 03:28 PM

Because the dog was refusing to come in the house so I couldn't leave

Pay & display meter wouldn't take my change

Next door neighbour blocked the driveway

I usually put it down to some sort of driving problem

I'm awful at pulling sickies, I end up doing the Kelly Rowland voice

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 15-12-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 4819371)
Because the dog was refusing to come in the house so I couldn't leave

Pay & display meter wouldn't take my change

Next door neighbour blocked the driveway

I usually put it down to some sort of driving problem

I'm awful at pulling sickies, I end up doing the Kelly Rowland voice

Kelly rowland voice-you mean you say something like " who knew I would feel so sick today oooowwww" ? :shocked:

Bollo 15-12-2011 05:45 PM

All mine are stupid, but they were all actually true

My eyeballs have gone funny

There is a blackbird in my Lounge

My cats been sick everywhere

My Phone and mobile networks aren't working ( I usually call a cab for work)

Maia 15-12-2011 06:07 PM

You had a blackbird in your lounge? :laugh:

Bollo 15-12-2011 06:16 PM

Yes the cat brought it in, i don't know how the hell he got it through the catflap as it was bloody massive took 2 days to get it out, twas flappin all over the place but couldn't fly...My eyeballs went funny on that day too

Benjamin 15-12-2011 08:14 PM

I got locked in the bathroom for a few hours. :bored:

That was actually true as well, the slide lock snapped as I tried to unlock it and nobody was in so I was stuck until my housemate came back from work. I think i actually made a thread about it on here. :laugh:

mizzy25 15-12-2011 08:31 PM

pmsl @ the black bird in the living room. i generally blame traffic stuck behind learners or the bus broke down. a girl i work with was late last week we dont start till 4.15pm and her excuse as she had to make her partners tea!!!!!

Pyramid* 15-12-2011 08:41 PM

The door key snapping in half whilst I was turning it to lock the door.

The cat tripping me up whilst I had a full cup of tea in hand...... tea and cream carpets do not go. :bored:

Doogle 15-12-2011 08:43 PM

Snowed in when there was no snow by my school. It was true though, I live up high and I was literally unable to open the front door. Last year. :joker:

Tom 16-12-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowball (Post 4820098)
The door key snapping in half whilst I was turning it to lock the door.

My friends key snapped in his ignition last week, funniest thing I've seen in ages

Ended up back in work a few days early (but means I get 2 days off next week :hugesmile:) because someone supposedly got snowed in and noone else could cover (:rolleyes:), but I was an hour late and said my baby was sick on me as I was leaving so had to get changed and then I got stuck behind a moped doing 20mph (which was true, but only for like 2 mins). Real reason was I just couldn't be arsed going in and I was quite enjoying This Morning. Its great having a newborn baby, the excuses are endless :hugesmile:

Can't wait to leave the place, and funnily enough I ended up getting a job interview for Monday (one of the days I just happened to get off today) so if that goes well, I will have effectively left within 2 weeks :D