ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   11 days till launch and no billboards or printed ads :/ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225588)

daniel-lewis-1985 02-06-2013 02:08 PM

11 days till launch and no billboards or printed ads :/

Started off promising but the promotion seems to have come to a halt.

They seriously need to put up some bus stop ads, billboards and advertise on other channels even if it is just on viva, music channels ect.

Emma needs to do some interviews over the next week or so aswell on daytime shows such as This Morning or Loose Women.

With no celebs to grab the curiosity of the casual viewer Summer BB needs a lot more promotion yet gets less for some reason?

Do you think they will step thing up or is this it?

Marcus. 02-06-2013 02:10 PM

maybe keeping it hush hush

Jarrod 02-06-2013 02:23 PM

Emma was on the radio earlier, I can't remember which station but she was talking about Big Brother.

Marcus. 02-06-2013 02:24 PM

heart i think

Tregard 02-06-2013 02:29 PM

They probably wanna keep advertising until the week prior to launch.

DigitalSid 02-06-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6029355)
Emma was on the radio earlier, I can't remember which station but she was talking about Big Brother.

She wasn't on as a guest, she's co-host of the show Stephen Muhern.

Jarrod 02-06-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalSid (Post 6029367)
She wasn't on as a guest, she's co-host of the show Stephen Muhern.

Well I didn't know that - Thanks for clearing that up.

Samm 02-06-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6029355)

It was on Heart they we're talking about BB for a long time I don't know how many listen to heart But I do

*mazedsalv** 02-06-2013 02:57 PM

10 day countdown starts tomorrow, with the billboards, I hope they will appear very, very soon. And they will hopefully advertise during BGT final.

Bluerang1 02-06-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6029344)
Emma needs to do some interviews over the next week or so aswell on daytime shows such as This Morning or Loose Women.

This.

And y'all need to stop getting worked up about the ads, you're not the marketing department.

ThisIsNickkk 02-06-2013 03:17 PM

I was thinking it will either be tomorrow, with 10 day countdown or maybe in Thursday with 7 days to go. One of the two I would think.

Pronshi 02-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluerang1 (Post 6029410)
This.

And y'all need to stop getting worked up about the ads, you're not the marketing department.

They just are concerned about the ratings of the show.
Plus if you go by the current track record most of the ideas members on TBB have contributed would only the better the show.

Jords 02-06-2013 03:24 PM

Not too bothered if they do.

Patrick 02-06-2013 04:02 PM

I'm LOLing at all of you now - the people who disagreed with me and thought Channel 5 were going to pull out all the stops for BB14.

When will you people get it into your head - that they only care about Celebrity Big Brother, thus why they save all their budget that could be spent on promoting BB14 - to splash it all away on Z Listers for the end of August.

*mazedsalv** 02-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 6029455)
I'm LOLing at all of you now - the people who disagreed with me and thought Channel 5 were going to pull out all the stops for BB14.

When will you people get it into your head - that they only care about Celebrity Big Brother, thus why they save all their budget that could be spent on promoting BB14 - to splash it all away on Z Listers for the end of August.

It's not a worry right now. All they need to do is advertise a lot in the final week, so on Thursday. And tbh, Emma was speaking about BB earlier on Heart, which get 7.2m listeners a week. That's a big reach audience. I reckon over 3m would have been listening to the station this morning during that time.

Jarrod 02-06-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 6029455)

They show BB still. They care about it. Channel 5 only do two series of Celebrity Big Brother because it's good for them in revenue and ratings.

Jordan. 02-06-2013 04:11 PM

Agreed the promo is a flop (so far) Are they airing the advertisements much on C5? I've still yet to see it on tv LOL

*mazedsalv** 02-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 6029465)
Agreed the promo is a flop (so far) Are they airing the advertisements much on C5? I've still yet to see it on tv LOL

They always are. My family watch the two soaps on Ch5 following each other and they air it around 6 times in that hour. Twice on every ad break, twice after the next soap, etc... They also did it around 5 times last night in 2 hours.

Jordan. 02-06-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 6029474)
They always are. My family watch the two soaps on Ch5 following each other and they air it around 6 times in that hour. Twice on every ad break, twice after the next soap, etc... They also did it around 5 times last night in 2 hours.

Okay that's good news I suppose :D I never watch C5 so unless they start airing them on other channels I doubt I'll see it.

Jarrod 02-06-2013 04:18 PM

I really don't understand why people are expecting this huge campaign. It won't make any difference honestly...

*mazedsalv** 02-06-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 6029476)
Okay that's good news I suppose :D I never watch C5 so unless they start airing them on other channels I doubt I'll see it.

Yeah, the promo on Channel 5 is very good, but I hope they can promo it during the BGT final (which will get over 10m) and then maybe during a Ch4 show twice. Once during Hollyoaks (for the target audience) and then 24 hrs in A&E (currently the highest rated Ch4 show, it got 2.8m on Weds).

daniel-lewis-1985 02-06-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6029477)
I really don't understand why people are expecting this huge campaign. It won't make any difference honestly...

Erm....Ok then.

So promoting something doesn't generate more interest?

Possibly the dumbest post in a while.

Jarrod 02-06-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6029480)
Erm....Ok then.

So promoting something doesn't generate more interest?

Possibly the dumbest post in a while.

Nobody is interested anymore. Big Brother is just another show it's not this massive event. Promotion won't bring in higher ratings it really won't. We're never getting a higher than 2 Million average now for Big Brother.

We're living in a age where people are more interested in watching 'Celebrities' doing things normal people would have done a few years back. Big Brother is sadly one of those programs which is more inclined to use Celebrity housemates in place of members of the public because it creates more of an interest.

jyunga 02-06-2013 04:28 PM

Why do they need to advertise a show so hard that's been on TV for years? People know it's coming, people will watch. It's not like there's a massive audience that won't realize BB is on launch night and the ratings will get affected big time.

daniel-lewis-1985 02-06-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 6029482)
Nobody is interested anymore. Big Brother is just another show it's not this massive event. Promotion won't bring in higher ratings it really won't. We're never getting a higher than 2 Million average now for Big Brother.

We're living in a age where people are more interested in watching 'Celebrities' doing things normal people would have done a few years back. Big Brother is sadly one of those programs which is more inclined to use Celebrity housemates in place of members of the public because it creates more of an interest.

Its different this year.

They have this massive overhaul, a new presenter, more live feed and the mystery of the secret.

Promotion can only be a good thing.

Promotion creates interest resulting in higher viewing figures.

FACT.

You really cant argue with that lol.