ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   A question...it regards blacks and whites (please debate your responses) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359313)

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:01 PM

A question...it regards blacks and whites (please debate your responses)

If black humans are going to a party that involves fancy dress, say an 80s party or something...do they white up like white humans black thier faces up for bob marley or stevie wonder?

I think white humans love black humans music so don't see an issue with making yourself look more like your musical idol of the 80s.

I think black humans don't need to whiten thier faces to look like thier musical icons from the 80s....because black humans have better musical taste than white humans.

Moniqua 17-07-2019 07:06 PM

:facepalm:

Denver 17-07-2019 07:08 PM

White people were not kidnapped from their own countries and force to live as a slave who was worth nothing in a foreign land.

That is why its unacceptable to act be black for fancy dress

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10630444)
White people were not kidnapped from their own countries and force to live as a slave who was worth nothing in a foreign land.

I think that is absolutely ridiculous...in this day and age.

You are saying a bloke can't sit in the corner off a marquee at an 80s party all bob marleyed up cause he loves bob marley music!

Surely that is why we have divisions in life.:shrug:

Denver 17-07-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630465)
I think that is absolutely ridiculous.

You are saying a bloke can't sit in the corner off a marquee at an 80s party all bob marleyed up cause he loves bob marley music!

Surely that is why we have divisions in life.:shrug:

You dont blackface because you love some singer you buy a poster or a CD or something

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Slaves of the Ottoman empire might beg to differ.

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10630468)
You dont blackface because you love some singer you buy a poster or a CD or something

And wander around an 80s party for your cousins 18th or something. ..hey guys I'm bob marley, can't you tell by the tshirt! !

Denver 17-07-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630476)
And wander around an 80s party for your cousins 18th or something. ..hey guys I'm bob marley, can't you tell by the tshirt! !

You can dress up as Bob Marley without black facing

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10630478)
You can dress up as Bob Marley without black facing

Show me a picture before I comment

Twosugars 17-07-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moniqua (Post 10630432)
:facepalm:

+1

parmnion 17-07-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10630623)
+1

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Several countries in northern Africa kidnapped and used white slaves, so is it unacceptable for black people from those countries to white up?

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 08:55 PM

1) Yes it's different and anyone claiming not to realise that is either being disingenuous "to make some sort of point", or they are genuinely stupid. I think for most it's the former but who knows.

2) Other than the movie "white chicks" which is obviously a parody of blackface, I have literally NEVER seen any black person "doing whiteface". Why are people making up just utterly laughable nonsense to justify their **** lately?

Twosugars 17-07-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10630813)
1) Yes it's different and anyone claiming not to realise that is either being disingenuous "to make some sort of point", or they are genuinely stupid. I think for most it's the former but who knows.

2) Other than the movie "white chicks" which is obviously a parody of blackface, I have literally NEVER seen any black person "doing whiteface". Why are people making up just utterly laughable nonsense to justify their **** lately?

I missed you TS

parmnion 17-07-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10630813)

There's nothing racist abut going dressed up to a relatives 80s party with a bit of make up on your face because you love a certain music icon..it's stupid to me to think otherwise if I'm honest..

Ant. 17-07-2019 09:03 PM

Blackface is bad and that's that

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630837)
There's nothing racist abut going dressed up to a relatives 80s party with a bit of make up on your face because you love a certain music icon..it's stupid to me to think otherwise if I'm honest..

somethingsomething slavery, somethingsomething minstrels ...

parmnion 17-07-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10630841)
Blackface is bad and that's that

Not if it's done through a lifetime of love surely!!

I don't get that if it is.:shrug:

MB. 17-07-2019 09:09 PM

Anyone who thinks blackface "isn't racist" clearly isn't knowledgeable enough to start a debate about blackface

parmnion 17-07-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10630843)
somethingsomething slavery, somethingsomething minstrels ...

Oh look uncle dave came as Bob Marley. ...I hope he dies tomorrow.

parmnion 17-07-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10630855)
Anyone who thinks blackface "isn't racist" clearly isn't knowledgeable enough to start a debate about blackface

Nonsense....

Dressing as Bob Marley isn't blackfacing...

Glenn. 17-07-2019 09:17 PM

I stopped reading at black humans.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 09:18 PM

If you're genuinely trying to convince me that people are going to fancy dress blacked up as Bob Marley as an act of admiration and respect, and not for a cheap laugh, again I'm going to have to call bull**** Parm. You know fine well people would only be doing it for "shock value" and that people don't black up for any other reason. It just doesn't happen. We're prancing around in fantasy land again.

DouglasS 17-07-2019 09:24 PM

It’s always fascinated me because I think the majority of people that do ‘blackface’ don’t know any better or are just ignorant. I don’t for one second believe most are racist at all, maybe uneducated on the matter or not knowing people can take offence.

I’ve always wondered why it is as offensive as it is perceived to be, i understand the associations and Past, but it’s like men dressing as women/drag, you can argue that women had it rough and were used/raped/had little rights pre history and yet this is fine? It’s an interesting thought

Also painting parts of your face black isn’t always ‘blackface’, I’ve gone as the angel of death a few times for Halloween that involved putting black paint over a good portion of my face. The angel of death isn’t a race, it’s a mythological creature that I was dressing up as. If people saw me and took a photo would I be regarded racist by some when clearly I’m not/I’m just in fancy dress, with nothing to do with race

Denver 17-07-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10630884)
It’s always fascinated me because I think the majority of people that do ‘blackface’ don’t know any better or are just ignorant. I don’t for one second believe most are racist at all, maybe uneducated on the matter or not knowing people can take offence.

I’ve always wondered why it is as offensive as it is sort of thing, i understand the associations and Past, but it’s like men dressing as women/drag, you can argue that women had it rough and were used/raped/had little rights pre history and yet this is fine? It’s an interesting thought

Because people use to blackface then mock black people in comedy years ago and that's why its deemed racist