ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Opinions on this? [MP Stella Creasy Banned from bring in her Baby into the Commons] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378927)

Alf 24-11-2021 06:51 AM

Opinions on this? [MP Stella Creasy Banned from bring in her Baby into the Commons]

This Labour MP is is not happy because she can't take her baby to work with her.

For or against this?

Oliver_W 24-11-2021 06:56 AM

As far as I know the HoC has childcare facilities. It's not like she's banned from taking her baby into work full-stop.

Cherie 24-11-2021 07:34 AM

I dont agree with her taking the child into her workplace no, you wouldn't have your baby on your lap while driving, so can't imagine how she thinks she can concentrate properly at work

bitontheslide 24-11-2021 07:58 AM

a baby wouldn't be allowed to sit on your lap during a normal business meeting, so i think she is on a loser

Cherie 24-11-2021 08:24 AM

I also don't know what the parallel she is drawing with wearing masks, it is two different issues

arista 24-11-2021 08:40 AM

Labour MP Stella Creasy Banned from bring in her Baby into the Commons

Very Logical
we do not need a Distraction like that

[Labour MP Stella Creasy criticises parliamentary
rules after reminder over taking baby to debate
"Apparently Parliament has written a rule
which means I can't take
my well behaved, 3-month old, sleeping baby
when I speak in chamber.
(Still no rule on wearing masks btw),"
the MP tweets. "Mothers in the mother of all
parliament are not to be seen or heard it seems…."]

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp...ebate-12476834

Babies can wake up and need
fast breast feeding Stupid Stella

Cherie 24-11-2021 08:46 AM

Already a thread Sir

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...d.php?t=378927

arista 24-11-2021 08:49 AM

How would you know?

It needs a Heading

His Heading has no info.

I made the Thread before looking at Alfs strange heading

joeysteele 24-11-2021 08:52 AM

Has this been pointed out clearly before now???

Personally, I don't think it the wisest place for a baby to be.
Plus I can't believe she can't make alternative arrangements while she's in the chamber.

All aside from that however, it isn't the place for a baby with so many adult men and women, even those at the very top of politics too.
Acting so loudly, aggressively, unruly, disrespectfully and disgracefully too.

I'd imagine the noise of those raised and angry voices would greatly upset any baby or child.

Alf 24-11-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11115818)
How would you know?

It needs a Heading

His Heading has no info.

My heading is more inviting. It's asking for forum members opinions. When they see your heading, most members will give your thread a miss.

arista 24-11-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11115820)
My heading is more inviting. It's asking for forum members opinions. When they see your heading, most members will give your thread a miss.

Pathetic
folks do not have time for threads that are unclear in the title

Opinions on this?

you put

arista 24-11-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 11115819)
Has this been pointed out clearly before now???

Personally, I don't think it the wisest place for a baby to be.
Plus I can't believe she can't make alternative arrangements while she's in the chamber.

All aside from that however, it isn't the place for a baby with so many adult men and women, even those at the very top of politics too.
Acting so loudly, aggressively, unruly, disrespectfully and disgracefully too.

I'd imagine the noise of those raised and angry voices would greatly upset any baby or child.

No this is after, and Joey
Crying Babies are a distraction.

joeysteele 24-11-2021 08:59 AM

She's wrong in my view.
Not the place for a baby.

You'd avoid likely walking past people in the street with a baby if they were being argumentative and with raised voices.

However IS there an actual laid down ruling on this the directions of what's accepted in the Chamber.

For me however, common sense would say no to any child or baby being in that near bear pit.

joeysteele 24-11-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11115823)
No this is after, and Joey
Crying Babies are a distraction.

Well, debatable,:joker:

I'd rather hear a crying baby rather than the garbage screamed out aggressively by so called adult and educated individuals, re some of the less savoury MPs in the Commons.

However no for me, not the place for a baby or child to be.
I can't think of places much worse to take a baby or child.

Alf 24-11-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11115822)
Pathetic
folks do not have time for threads that are unclear in the title

Opinions on this?

you put

Envy is a sin.

arista 24-11-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 11115828)
Well, debatable,:joker:

I'd rather hear a crying baby rather than the garbage screamed out aggressively by so called adult and educated individuals, re some of the less savoury MPs in the Commons.

However no for me, not the place for a baby or child to be.
I can't think of places much worse to take a baby or child.

Yes Joey
they have New High Definition Mics
picking up every word.

House of Commons is not a place for a 3 month baby

Toy Soldier 24-11-2021 09:15 AM

Hmmmm a tough one I think. Both of my kids were "sling babies" - think like a baby kangaroo... they would just be tucked into the sling silently and with my youngest you'd never even have known she was there quite honestly.

I think, basically, with very young babies in that situation it should be fine but on the understanding that if there's disruption then they need to leave and that it'll then be considered a "failed experiment" and they'll need to make other arrangements. But they should definitely get the chance to "prove the theory" - if the mother is saying the baby won't cause disruption, then people should be fine with that until something suggests otherwise :shrug:. If there is no disruption, what's the problem?

arista 24-11-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11115834)
Hmmmm a tough one I think. Both of my kids were "sling babies" - think like a baby kangaroo... they would just be tucked into the sling silently and with my youngest you'd never even have known she was there quite honestly.

I think, basically, with very young babies in that situation it should be fine but on the understanding that if there's disruption then they need to leave and that it'll then be considered a "failed experiment" and they'll need to make other arrangements. But they should definitely get the chance to "prove the theory" - if the mother is saying the baby won't cause disruption, then people should be fine with that until something suggests otherwise :shrug:. If there is no disruption, what's the problem?

They have Reviewed the Session she went on
it became a Distraction
keeping voices LOWER

That is Crazy TS

arista 24-11-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11115829)
Envy is a sin.

The Good Staff have Solved this
A thread easy to find now

Alf 24-11-2021 09:20 AM

Can't she just take maternity leave? I don't think anyone of the people that voted and pay for her to work for and serve them would have a problem with that.

Alf 24-11-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11115837)
The Good Staff have Solved this
A thread easy to find now

God bless Tibb staff.

arista 24-11-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11115840)
Can't she just take maternity leave? I don't think anyone of the people that voted and pay for her to work for and serve them would have a problem with that.

Yes.

She got an Official Email telling her.
Debate on Ch5HD AM Live

arista 24-11-2021 09:28 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/11...7737644932.jpg

arista 24-11-2021 09:29 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/11...7737876948.jpg

Your Baby is Banned

Liam- 24-11-2021 09:33 AM

God, people like her are annoying, mothers can can be heard, you’re just not allowed to take your baby into work, there aren’t many places that would allow you to do your job with a baby attached to your hip.

This is why people have grown to think that Labour are just full of whiney, self important pansies, get a ****ing babysitter like the rest of the mothers who have to go back to work