Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2021, 07:51 AM   #1
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,966


Default Opinions on this? [MP Stella Creasy Banned from bring in her Baby into the Commons]

This Labour MP is is not happy because she can't take her baby to work with her.

For or against this?



__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 11,475

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

As far as I know the HoC has childcare facilities. It's not like she's banned from taking her baby into work full-stop.
__________________

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,471
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

I dont agree with her taking the child into her workplace no, you wouldn't have your baby on your lap while driving, so can't imagine how she thinks she can concentrate properly at work
__________________
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 28,916

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

a baby wouldn't be allowed to sit on your lap during a normal business meeting, so i think she is on a loser
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,471
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

I also don't know what the parallel she is drawing with wearing masks, it is two different issues
__________________

Last edited by Cherie; 24-11-2021 at 09:32 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default Labour MP Stella Creasy Banned from bring in her Baby into the Commons

Very Logical
we do not need a Distraction like that




[Labour MP Stella Creasy criticises parliamentary
rules after reminder over taking baby to debate
"Apparently Parliament has written a rule
which means I can't take
my well behaved, 3-month old, sleeping baby
when I speak in chamber.
(Still no rule on wearing masks btw),"
the MP tweets. "Mothers in the mother of all
parliament are not to be seen or heard it seems…."]

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp...ebate-12476834



Babies can wake up and need
fast breast feeding Stupid Stella
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #7
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 52,471
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Already a thread Sir

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...d.php?t=378927
__________________
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #8
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

How would you know?

It needs a Heading


His Heading has no info.

I made the Thread before looking at Alfs strange heading

Last edited by arista; 24-11-2021 at 09:51 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #9
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 36,575

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: HRVY
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

Has this been pointed out clearly before now???

Personally, I don't think it the wisest place for a baby to be.
Plus I can't believe she can't make alternative arrangements while she's in the chamber.

All aside from that however, it isn't the place for a baby with so many adult men and women, even those at the very top of politics too.
Acting so loudly, aggressively, unruly, disrespectfully and disgracefully too.

I'd imagine the noise of those raised and angry voices would greatly upset any baby or child.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #10
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
How would you know?

It needs a Heading


His Heading has no info.
My heading is more inviting. It's asking for forum members opinions. When they see your heading, most members will give your thread a miss.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 24-11-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Alf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #11
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
My heading is more inviting. It's asking for forum members opinions. When they see your heading, most members will give your thread a miss.

Pathetic
folks do not have time for threads that are unclear in the title

Opinions on this?

you put

Last edited by arista; 24-11-2021 at 09:58 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #12
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Has this been pointed out clearly before now???

Personally, I don't think it the wisest place for a baby to be.
Plus I can't believe she can't make alternative arrangements while she's in the chamber.

All aside from that however, it isn't the place for a baby with so many adult men and women, even those at the very top of politics too.
Acting so loudly, aggressively, unruly, disrespectfully and disgracefully too.

I'd imagine the noise of those raised and angry voices would greatly upset any baby or child.

No this is after, and Joey
Crying Babies are a distraction.

Last edited by arista; 24-11-2021 at 09:57 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #13
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 36,575

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: HRVY
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

She's wrong in my view.
Not the place for a baby.

You'd avoid likely walking past people in the street with a baby if they were being argumentative and with raised voices.

However IS there an actual laid down ruling on this the directions of what's accepted in the Chamber.

For me however, common sense would say no to any child or baby being in that near bear pit.

Last edited by joeysteele; 24-11-2021 at 10:00 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #14
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 36,575

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: HRVY
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No this is after, and Joey
Crying Babies are a distraction.
Well, debatable,

I'd rather hear a crying baby rather than the garbage screamed out aggressively by so called adult and educated individuals, re some of the less savoury MPs in the Commons.

However no for me, not the place for a baby or child to be.
I can't think of places much worse to take a baby or child.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:05 AM   #15
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Pathetic
folks do not have time for threads that are unclear in the title

Opinions on this?

you put
Envy is a sin.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #16
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Well, debatable,

I'd rather hear a crying baby rather than the garbage screamed out aggressively by so called adult and educated individuals, re some of the less savoury MPs in the Commons.

However no for me, not the place for a baby or child to be.
I can't think of places much worse to take a baby or child.


Yes Joey
they have New High Definition Mics
picking up every word.


House of Commons is not a place for a 3 month baby

Last edited by arista; 24-11-2021 at 10:19 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #17
Toy Soldier
We had it coming
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 28,142
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Hmmmm a tough one I think. Both of my kids were "sling babies" - think like a baby kangaroo... they would just be tucked into the sling silently and with my youngest you'd never even have known she was there quite honestly.

I think, basically, with very young babies in that situation it should be fine but on the understanding that if there's disruption then they need to leave and that it'll then be considered a "failed experiment" and they'll need to make other arrangements. But they should definitely get the chance to "prove the theory" - if the mother is saying the baby won't cause disruption, then people should be fine with that until something suggests otherwise . If there is no disruption, what's the problem?
__________________
Toy Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #18
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Hmmmm a tough one I think. Both of my kids were "sling babies" - think like a baby kangaroo... they would just be tucked into the sling silently and with my youngest you'd never even have known she was there quite honestly.

I think, basically, with very young babies in that situation it should be fine but on the understanding that if there's disruption then they need to leave and that it'll then be considered a "failed experiment" and they'll need to make other arrangements. But they should definitely get the chance to "prove the theory" - if the mother is saying the baby won't cause disruption, then people should be fine with that until something suggests otherwise . If there is no disruption, what's the problem?

They have Reviewed the Session she went on
it became a Distraction
keeping voices LOWER



That is Crazy TS
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #19
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Envy is a sin.

The Good Staff have Solved this
A thread easy to find now
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:20 AM   #20
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,966


Default

Can't she just take maternity leave? I don't think anyone of the people that voted and pay for her to work for and serve them would have a problem with that.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw

Last edited by Alf; 24-11-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Alf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #21
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 25,966


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
The Good Staff have Solved this
A thread easy to find now
God bless Tibb staff.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #22
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Can't she just take maternity leave? I don't think anyone of the people that voted and pay for her to work for and serve them would have a problem with that.



Yes.


She got an Official Email telling her.
Debate on Ch5HD AM Live
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #23
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default

arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #24
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 126,682
Default




Your Baby is Banned
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #25
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 20,577

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

God, people like her are annoying, mothers can can be heard, you’re just not allowed to take your baby into work, there aren’t many places that would allow you to do your job with a baby attached to your hip.

This is why people have grown to think that Labour are just full of whiney, self important pansies, get a ****ing babysitter like the rest of the mothers who have to go back to work
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
baby, banned, bring, commons, creasy, labour, mp, opinions, stella

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts