View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 02:16 PM #71
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Akashia: I respect Akashia for being the first person to fill the villain role on Drag Race and the fall/spin deserves its credit. In hindsight (and S1 is one of few seasons I haven't re-watched jsyk), she shies in comparison to other villains that had much better character development.

Charlie Hides: lol, I'd be lying if I said I didn't ironically enjoy Charlie. I remember when the S9 trailer came out and I repeated 'I have unnderweaaarr ollderr than her' a dozen times a day because I was obsessed with the way she said it. She was obviously a flop, but her awful lip-sync was genuinely one of the most compelling moments from last season. Her justification at the reunion was hilarious, too. Was it because of the broken hip? Diarrhoea? Who knows. I loved how ridiculous it was.

Serena Cha Cha: When I first watched S5, I remember feeling quite bad for Serena when the other queens ambushed her. I don't so much anymore. I mean, Drag Race is not the platform to let everyone know how educated you are. Literally, not one person (drag queen or fan) will care.

Awful runways, too. I know we've made fun of Roxxxy in this thread, but '...Except for Serena' will always be iconic.

Carmen Carrera: My thoughts on Carmen are complex. I think when I watched S3 for the first time, I liked Carmen by association because I enjoyed The Heathers—I liked The Boogers as well, which is a testament to how good S3 is. I understand why people dislike, but I still don't think she's as unlikable as people say. I think she was generally harmless and I kinda liked the Jersey persona, her presence was appreciated.

Now, it's kind of difficult to say how I feel about her. I do actually think the hate is overblown, but it is pompous to turn your back on the show that made you. I guess, she doesn't have to blow smoke Ru's arse if she doesn't want to (especially considering recent controversy), and other queens still seem to like and get on with her so she can't be all that bad.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote