BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
That doesn't make any sense to me. I've read that sentence 5 times, and I still can't decipher what you mean. Any chance you can elaborate for a dumb plebe like me?
I don't know, you keep bringing up things unrelated to what is being actually being discussed. We're not having a discussion about what Christians do or don't believe. Their speech is protected by Freedom of Speech. However, for example, they can still be penalized by the law or kicked from a private etablishment if they are causing problems for other customers. (i.e. loud homophobic man screaming scriptures at other patrons).

The practice of marriage is what is causing the conflict, as they are expecting the baker to participate in that ritual despite well-knowing it is in direct conflict with their religion (however they believe), and the patrons in this case want the courts to compell their practice. Per Freedom of Religion, the courts/govt cannot interfere in that practice. If the basis were them simply being homosexual customers, then the ruling would've been very different...

Last edited by Maru; 28-06-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote