BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...no I haven’t read it, I was just googling what he had said about it because it’s obviously been something that’s was questioned with him...

“I wasn’t really thinking of the sexual aspect of it. The book dealt with childhood and adulthood –1958 and Grown Ups. The grown ups don’t remember their childhood. None of us remember what we did as children–we think we do, but we don’t remember it as it really happened. Intuitively, the Losers knew they had to be together again. The sexual act connected childhood and adulthood. It’s another version of the glass tunnel that connects the children’s library and the adult library. Times have changed since I wrote that scene and there is now more sensitivity to those issues.”

“That sounds like my statement,” said King when Vulture reached out to confirm that he had authored the post in question. “To it I’d just add that it’s fascinating to me that there has been so much comment about that single sex scene and so little about the multiple child murders,” he added. “That must mean something, but I’m not sure what.”
This comment here troubled me a bit, for a moment I was thinking oh maybe he's right why are we all focusing on that and not the child murders? but why that "one sex scene" is much much much more focused and is more "wrong" is because the child murders and also beverlys sexual abuse by her father are all put forward as being wrong in the book whereas the "sex scene" (even calling it that sounds gross when it involves children) is put forward as being positive and empowering for a victim of sexual abuse. I wonder if Stephen King ever spoke to a victim of child abuse/sexual abuse or anyone who works with victims to get an opinion on it because I would find it hard to believe they would have told him this was a good way to deal with it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote