Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 29-01-2014, 10:08 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
Default Who is right and wrong, and goodbye.

As we come to the end of yet another interesting show, the rights and wrongs are prevalent for all to see, but who or why are we standing in judgment.

If you dig deep enough, I am sure the PC brigade could make anyone look like a sexist or a bigot. The rules and guidelines set out for such labels are wide and varied and in many cases open to interpretation. How can anyone parallel a 75 year old with an 18 year olds attitudes to life. One was raised in an era when PC referred to a booby on the beat and the other is being raised in an era when the rules or guidelines change weekly.

Having proof or no proof is academic due mainly to the condition known as tolerance. Older people generally tolerate less than the younger generation and borders are crossed when opinions are voiced. The bottom line is that the younger generation tend to argue because they seem to think that they can, the older generation argue because they want to.

Define proof, there is no proof unless you rely on gossip as none of us are actively involved in the due process of law so when we say it has been proven the Jim did this and that, what we are actually saying is that we have read or heard that he admitted to or was found guilty of this and that. In retrospect, that scenario can be flawed as Linda eluded to. She said that her bubby admitted to the lesser crime of affray regarding theft just to get the paparazzi off their doorstep. Therine lies a lie or a truth but who are we to say.

If we are all to stand in judgement of others based on gossip and hear say, then we are shooting from the hip. Men and women can change and a mans past should be held in accountability only if he perpetrates that lifestyle in todays world. Mistakes can be made and rectified making us all better people. Nelson Mandela was once a tyrant then he changed and nobody brings up his past as it suits us not to. Jims supporters want the actions of the mans current demeanour considering but his haters want the past to decide his fate. There is no right or wrong in an argument, there is only cause and effect.

Jim has been a fantastic housemate for different reasons as has Luisa but the demographic supporting both are divided. Do we judge HM,s based on entertainment value or do we chose our winner from a gene pool of niceness down to nastiness. Both have merits and both are right, so why do we argue with each other, easy, BECAUSE WE LIKE TO AND WE CAN.

I have loved my time on here and made a few friends but I never made an enemy, I just encountered worthy advisories along the way and fell on my sword way too often. I am off on holiday tomorrow and when I return, I wont be darkening your doors ever again so in leaving let me say this. Wong, Daniel, Jake and anyone else \I have upset, I am sorry and I wish you all well but please bear in mind that sometimes a fly sway is good enough to kill a fly, one does not need to use a sledge hammer.

So its goodnight from me and its goodnight from him.

Last edited by Niamh.; 29-01-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Baiting
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:09 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

lol I see "PC Brigade" is the buzz word for this Series

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:17 AM #3
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:22 AM #4
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:23 AM #5
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:24 AM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Sig.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:25 AM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Enjoy your holidays Sampvt!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:25 AM #8

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
As we come to the end of yet another interesting show, the rights and wrongs are prevalent for all to see, but who or why are we standing in judgment.

If you dig deep enough, I am sure the PC brigade could make anyone look like a sexist or a bigot. The rules and guidelines set out for such labels are wide and varied and in many cases open to interpretation. How can anyone parallel a 75 year old with an 18 year olds attitudes to life. One was raised in an era when PC referred to a booby on the beat and the other is being raised in an era when the rules or guidelines change weekly.
Having proof or no proof is academic due mainly to the condition known as tolerance. Older people generally tolerate less than the younger generation and borders are crossed when opinions are voiced. The bottom line is that the younger generation tend to argue because they seem to think that they can, the older generation argue because they want to.

Define proof, there is no proof unless you rely on gossip as none of us are actively involved in the due process of law so when we say it has been proven the Jim did this and that, what we are actually saying is that we have read or heard that he admitted to or was found guilty of this and that. In retrospect, that scenario can be flawed as Linda eluded to. She said that her bubby admitted to the lesser crime of affray regarding theft just to get the paparazzi off their doorstep. Therine lies a lie or a truth but who are we to say.

If we are all to stand in judgement of others based on gossip and hear say, then we are shooting from the hip. Men and women can change and a mans past should be held in accountability only if he perpetrates that lifestyle in todays world. Mistakes can be made and rectified making us all better people. Nelson Mandela was once a tyrant then he changed and nobody brings up his past as it suits us not to. Jims supporters want the actions of the mans current demeanour considering but his haters want the past to decide his fate. There is no right or wrong in an argument, there is only cause and effect.

Jim has been a fantastic housemate for different reasons as has Luisa but the demographic supporting both are divided. Do we judge HM,s based on entertainment value or do we chose our winner from a gene pool of niceness down to nastiness. Both have merits and both are right, so why do we argue with each other, easy, BECAUSE WE LIKE TO AND WE CAN.

I have loved my time on here and made a few friends but I never made an enemy, I just encountered worthy advisories along the way and fell on my sword way too often. I am off on holiday tomorrow and when I return, I wont be darkening your doors ever again so in leaving let me say this. Wong, Daniel, Jake and anyone else \I have upset, I am sorry and I wish you all well but please bear in mind that sometimes a fly sway is good enough to kill a fly, one does not need to use a sledge hammer.

The growing up in a different era thing I mentioned in a previous post and you called me ageist.

I agree that we cannot prove anything which is what I have been trying to put across, without live feed all of our opinions cannot be judged as correct as we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors, this time being the BB house.

I also believe mistakes can be rectified that's why ive totally changed my perception of Jim before he went in I thought he was a knob, I now think hes still a bit of a grumpy old tit based on what ive seen but ive found that entertaining and Luisa and Jims changing attitudes towards each other had been nice to watch.

I believe we should judge housemates on entertainment, the person whos made us cringe, laugh, cry, hide behind a cushion and gives us all something to debate every day.

Anyway enjoy your holiday, I don't acceept your apology though sorry but thanks and I respect that you were able to post that, never expected you to swallow your pride so fair do's.

Bye for now.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 29-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:34 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Tell the truth, your flouncing!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 10:37 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Edele
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):

k bye

~ the stars are ours tonight ~
HD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 05:07 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack

Quote:

Fantastic post and enjoy your hols.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 05:58 PM #12

Quote:

Yeah, good post and i've had my moments with you Sam [Dexter and all that. lol]...but this series we've been on the same team, and I liked that much better!...So enjoy your holidays [you lucky swine] and don't be silly...whether we're on the same team or not for the next bunch of wannabes...come back and cross swords with us again!

Cheers Sampvt.

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 06:01 PM #13

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

have a great holiday Sam

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:25 PM #14
Z

Z

Enjoy your holidays sampvt!
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:27 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

sampvt,you better come back,you will be missed on here

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:28 PM #16
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel

kk bye
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:28 PM #17

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

tldr bye
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:29 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i hope he doesn't come back tbh.

~ the stars are ours tonight ~
HD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:30 PM #19
Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple202 View Post
kk bye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
tldr bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
PMSL
Chuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 07:37 PM #20
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

ttyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 08:01 PM #21

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

Quote:

its just a game show. make sure you return.
agree and disagree is all part of the fun.
Old 29-01-2014, 08:14 PM #22
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
goodbye, wrong