Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

I think it's done with ignorance rather than racism a vast majority of the time tbh. Like I had noooooo idea about the history of blackface until BBUS19 (never heard/saw a thing about it being used to mock black people etc.). I also never thought about it being considered offensive for someone to act as another race with face paint. I had seen it done for both blacks and whites in comedy/music/skits of those sorts in the past and it just never came across my mind that way. I've never done it anyway, I don't do face paint in general, but after finding out the history/origins of blackface and also just seeing how it could be a sensitive area for blacks that have been mocked/judged/discriminated against for their skin color, I wouldn't second guess blackface being something that shouldn't be done. I'd say most do it without knowing the history and don't actually intend to offend or make fun of another race at all, it's just a form of imitation for fun usually... but regardless of context, once people know how it can come across they should just respect that and not do it period.

And snake-themed face paint is fine tho /Paul

Last edited by JerseyWins; 19-07-2019 at 05:15 AM.