View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 05:25 PM #34
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Honestly, I had mixed feelings upon finishing the first episode. It was laugh out loud funny throughout, but it somehow felt less punchy than the US version (the lip-sync was also cringe-worthy and almost proved Charlie Hides right). I compared it to Britain's Next Top Model as I enjoyed it, but it just felt a bit too different to the original (despite all the similarities). Like, it was just really strange to watch the show I fell in love with so close to home - it didn't feel right at first.

After watching the first episode again, I adored it. When you take away the expectations and the comparisons to the US version - it really does work in its own right. The British humour, cultural references, pure grittiness of it all - really enjoyable. I think it's going to be hard for the British queens to live up the standards American queens have created, but a lot of them pleasantly surprised me. There's a lot of talent in the mix, but the best part are the queen's personalities. You can tell they're so excited and happy to be there and it's really refreshing and humbling.

In terms of my current ranking:

Baga Chipz (honestly not bothered whether she's a Tory or not, she's entertaining and love that she's epitomises British brashness. she maaaay, however, get a wee bit irritating along the way but I love her for now)
Vinegar Strokes (so glad she stayed over Gothy, I was scared that the edit was shaping up for a Vinegar first boot. love how loud and joyous she is, hope she stays for a while longer)
The Vivienne (anyone that rocks up and shoves Kim Woodburn impressions down my throat is fine by me. she's living up to her credentials)
Sum Ting Wong (kind of wrote her off in the Meet The Queens video, but she was a pleasant surprise. Her stamp look was incredible and I loved the bull look)
Divina De Campo (she's a bit of an enigma because I don't know if she's being herself or not. she claims she's not this competitive queen, but it doesn't come across like that. I do like what's she's adding to the show, however)
Cheryl Hole (yeah, she does have those vapid Derrick Berry vibes, and she's a silly cow for not wearing a bag for her Queen look, but she does seem like she's going to be the centrepiece of causing drama so she can stay)
Crystal (the cool queen thing is a bit boring, and she doesn't have exude charisma, but I can see myself liking her drag/runways)
Blue Hyrdangea (a teeny-weeny bit annoying and too whimsical for my liking, but obviously talented and seems pleasant)
Scaredy Kat (thought she would be like how Gothy ended up personality-wise, but was quite surprised by how comfortable and confident she came across. Personally, not a big lover of her drag, though)
Gothy Ken Doll (I mean, I almost want to put her in green because it was all a hilarious mess. Ru cracking up when he realised he cast someone with no personality, during the photoshoot was great. The lip-sync was hilariously awful, and she had that terrible 'Gothy Ken Doll, Gothy Ken Doll" voguing thing they tried to make happen - all a hot mess. And omg at the Miss Vanjie impression at the end. I feel like a **** making fun of her, but I really wonder how she got on the show in the first place.)

Really excited for next week. Alan was a great judge this week (lmfao at the estate agent comparison) so I hope Graham is equally as good. Andrew Garfield was also a good pick as the first guest judge. Maisie Williams looks like she's ****ting a brick and doesn't know where the **** she is in the preview for next episode. So glad Michelle and Ru are part of the show (the prosthetic nose thing was so, so funny).

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.

Last edited by Braden; 06-10-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote