BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I can't understand this logic. It's debatable how much good they do?

At work I wear gloves, I wash my hands with the gloves on dozens of times in a 12hr shift, this keeps both my hands protected from the constant washing and my gloves clean.

As long as you treat your gloved hands in the same manner you would an ungloved hand in the circumstances what's the difference?

With masks most it seems are disposable and therefore are only effective for a time, that said were they not effective why are they worn at all?...why have they been staple PPE for generations?

Ideally for me PPE should be just that, personal, as in reusable... washable, with a HEPA filter. These could be manufactured cheaply and easily or homemade.

What evidence is there that PPE of this kind does not do any good out of interest?..Sounds like misinformation to me tbf.
Well that's the thing, you do have to do everything just the same with gloves on as if you weren't wearing any gloves. People can think they're safe with gloves on but can still infect themselves just as easily. And the advice with masks has always been that you should wear them if you're symptomatic or if you're caring for someone. I didn't say they do no good and obviously it doesn't hurt to wear them but people aren't 'idiots' if they're not wearing them
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote