View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:54 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I was with my mum when she passed, but my dad wasn't and I think she did that on purpose. My Dad had a heart attack years ago and from that moment on my mum shielded him from anything stressful and I think that her final act of shielding came when she passed. We had all sat in the hospice for days, dad was getting more upset but trying to stay strong. My brother and I finally convinced him to nip home and get a shower....five minutes after he left after a lot of persuasion my mum passed. I think she was fighting to stay strong until he left so he didn't have to witness it. He was devastated that he had not been there initially and quite angry at my and my brother for sending him home but when we said we think its what she wanted, he was more at peace with it.

...Annie.....yeah, I think with ‘words being spoken’ and ‘being with at that time, to hold’...and all of the feelings that we have in our grief of losing someone we love so deeply...it’s thinking of what they would have wanted as well because they loved as much as we loved, you know..?...your mum knew that you would get through because you had a beautiful son to help you and that would ensure ‘your safety of care’...but your dad had so many vulnerabilities and so much that would have added those layers of being too difficult to bear...?...well, you know what I mean, I’m not saying it very well...

...her total belief in your strength was so much because of what she helped to make you......

...I wrote a little poem to my dad after he’d passed...and I felt as though he could hear me because he had such wisdom and there was nothing left to be said...in life, he knew how much he was loved...he needed nothing and no words etc in his passing...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote