View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 05:55 AM #76
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Literally nothing to do with people's issue with this statue, but the fact that you think it IS the issue is why you're so keen to be on that side of this argument, I suspect.

Most people have no problem with statues or art that depict nudity of females, males, or both at once. Heck, it would even be a different discussion if she had made or commissioned a statue herself. However IMO it only takes a brief skim of what she actually wrote about to cast doubt on this artists' decision being appropriate to the subject.
What was your 'nurser and birther' comment about then? if you're not fixated solely on the tits and fanny of this composition. The meaning is lost because you refuse to see past them.
That's how I see your comments, that's how I see the whole argument surrounding this piece.
I see a lot don't agree and that's fine. I'm not projecting anything into anyone. Not saying anyone isn't feminist enough or anything like that.
I just feel that as a radical feminist she would have appreciated the symbolism in this perhaps? It's only my opinion you understand.

Last edited by Kizzy; 14-11-2020 at 06:05 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote