View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 06:52 PM #25
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I did read the link but you'll note it says;

"Instead of chocolate bars, sweets, cakes and biscuits, choose healthier snacks such as unsweetened yogurts, unsalted nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables. For example, try natural yogurt mixed in with chopped fruit or a small handful of nuts."

...so your own link quite clearly suggests replacing sugar and empty white carbs with fats, proteins and healthy fruit & veg carbs which is what I said above .

I can't find the bit where it says "replace sugary snacks with chip butties" but to be fair I did only skim the article.
Yes snacks.. a chip butty isn't a snack, it's a lunch. Who said the bread had to be white?

No strangely the article didn't mention chip butties because it not weirdly obsessive about every carb, just cutting out the very obvious sugars in your diet would be enough to reverse pre diabetes.

'Tis not the sweeties' that's what you said, the article clearly states it very much is sweeties. My point is if you cut out the 2 sugars in your coffees and other sugary snacks the odd sarnie is irrelevant.
Nobody suggested living on chip butties :/