IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...oh, I’ve heard of this, actually...
I hadn't heard of it, it's such a sad story though, I had a lot of conflicting opinions through out

These are my thoughts for when you do watch it :

Spoiler:

Firstly I think she shot the guy while he slept, I didn't believe her version of events however it's so hard not to really feel for her, she was 16 years old and labelled a prostitute when in reality that man was driving around looking to pick up a child to have sex with so even though I do think she shot him in the head while he slept rather than what she said that he bent over the bed and she thought he was reaching for a gun, it's still hard to really sympathise with a guy who is paedophile basically, she didn't even look older imo, she looked about 14 when she was brought in originally.

Not to mention her "boyfriend" who basically trafficked her. I think even though she was guilty, she was basically raped by that man and should certainly not have been tried as an adult.

Having said that I do think that prison may have also been her saviour, the difference in her from when she was arrested to when she was released from prison was stark. She went from a young girl who seemed completely dead behind the eyes, so emotionless and empty to a really healthy looking, intelligent and socially well adjusted woman.

I did also feel really bad for her biological mother, her own childhood story is so sad and full of abuses and I genuinely think that she did the very best she could in trying to save Cyntoia by giving her to her adoptive mother to look after, she really was a fantastic lady and was always there for to offer her stability and a good home, unfortunately it wasn't enough either but she never gave up on her.

I thought when she eventually had her clemency hearing she came across so genuine, remorseful and grateful. What stood out most though was the victim impact statement, honestly the woman giving that seemed very half hearted about it and I wonder was that quite telling, maybe she herself felt for Cyntoia and knew what John had done was wrong as well

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 12-01-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote