Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

You were making excuses for Boris and you were focused on other countries just so you could make out that we were doing well in comparison which glosses over our failures to handle the pandemic well when it came to lost lives that could have been saved with pre-emptive action that this government chose not to do.

Again, for the 4th or 5th time in this topic you try the 'I know you are, but what am I?' tactic and it fails like it did before because you're just projecting your own endless failures onto me. You're the one with the questionable reading capabilities and the overactive imagination, as evidenced by the fact you tried to make out that I wanted people to die, while I said you were glossing over the losses by focusing on the failures of other countries which do not make our failures lesser in comparison. It's not that hard to grasp, do better.
I'm not glossing over any losses, our losses were devastating and tragic and so were those the world over. To me, I look at the pandemic as to how it was/is affecting the world as a whole, not just us.
IMO comparisons are valid because that is how you judge any performance. If in most other countries the leaders had had great success in handling it and the UK hadn’t, then harsh criticism of Boris would be certainly justified. If most other countries leaders were having great vaccine success, and we weren’t, ditto.

But from the start, we were all in the same boat. Mistakes were made, bad decisions were made, lessons were learned along the way. The UK took chances with the vaccine orders before they knew if they would even work, that too could have been a big mistake, it turned out wonderfully well.
That’s how I view it, and I’m sorry if you don’t like it. I’m not going to follow your strict posting criteria to 'teach' me how you want me to respond, no matter how many times you hope for a different result. I'll respond as me, the way I choose to.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote