Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:16 PM #151

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

It's just another way that shows how well he connects with the electorate....michael foot was around in a totally different time and era.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:17 PM #152
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

not really sure what many of the latest posts have to do with labour and how they have lost connection with the GBP
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:18 PM #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
not really sure what many of the latest posts have to do with labour and how they have lost connection with the GBP

Sure I filled it up with the Queens Speech today
I am sure LT, will not mind

Last edited by arista; 11-05-2021 at 12:22 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:21 PM #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
He doesn't compliment himself in his dress sense.
I mean honestly he is the leader of a Nation.
Nothing statesmanlike about him.

Old footage I've seen of Michael Foot from the early 80s in documentaries had him looking smarter than Johnson.
Yet the media called him scruffy all the time.

Johnson has a Fat belly, still
despite his early runs with his dog.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:46 PM #155
Banned

Banned

Quote:
i wish this thread could concentrate on the issues with the labour party, they are the ones not being elected and are not even a realistic opposition party. We can moan about the tories, but unless labour become a viable alternative option, we will have tory governments for the foreseeable future
There's no point, there is no opposition. We're basically an unofficial one party nation and the Tories voter suppression laws will only compound that further. There's no point in acting like anyone can oppose the tories until we confront their endless corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I think it's all this finger pointing and ridiculing by the labour party and its supporters against anyone who shows any sort of support for the tory party that's made the Tory party as strong as it is.
Nah, it's just spineless bootlickers with no standards who vote for corruption and incompetence as long as it's their side that's 'winning'.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:57 PM #156
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What happened in other countries is not largely irrelevant; their loved ones are no less special to them than ours are to us. A life lost is a life lost, no matter which country it is in.
Was the UK the only country in the world who ‘knew’ how bad it was going to get? How do you know they knew exactly how ‘bad’? Why did no European country leader, apart from one, or indeed most other world leaders, not act until March or even much much later? Yes, mistakes and bad decisions and tough choices were made, there always will be with such an unprecedented calamity, and leaders will make decisions based on something they have no prior knowledge of from the bevy of experts who do. At least our PM is presiding over a great success story now and not losing even more lives like the EU leaders.

Never mind, we’ll just insist Boris should have been the greatest from start to finish and gloss over the others because I hate him and this country.

Btw, if Corbyn had acted exactly as Boris did, I’d have felt exactly the same, though to be honest, I wouldn’t have bothered to post about it.
Other countries' failure to act does not vindicate our own failures. To be all like '100k people died when the government knew how bad things would be before it got bad, but a bunch of other countries did nothing either, so it's k.'

Again, it's not a ****ing competition between nations, it's so ****ing vile how people think the losses are acceptable because vaccinations are going well now. Say that to the people who lost loved ones, see how they react. A lot of the world leaders failed to act, and a lot leaders failing doesn't magically make that failure okay.

Instead of trying to brush the failures of this government under the carpet, we should be acknowledging them, the people in charge should look at where they have failed and acknowledge those failings, so that when another pandemic happens, we can learn from this one. People like you who just want to gloss over facts and things you don't like are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

You say I hate this country, but you're the one that refuses to see how things are, that would gladly ignore the bad and doom us to repeat the same **** over and over if you had your way.

Also, don't talk ****. If Corbyn was in charge you'd be frothing at the mouth and I'd be okay with that, since I'd prefer you to be angry at mediocre leadership than sweeping it's failures under the rug and acting like the sun shines out of their arse. I just wish you had such consistency to criticise leaders you like, instead of making excuses for them.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:02 PM #157
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Welcome to the club! Now you know what it feels like to have someone thinking they can read your mind and putting words into your mouth which you do all the time. Has that little lesson sorted you out Dezzy?

Anyway, we are never going to agree on this subject and people want to get back to the thread topic so I'm finished with this.
There's a big ****ing difference between me employing reading comprehension and literally , and you literally ignoring what I'm saying to make out that I want people to die when anyone with a basic level of reading could tell you that's not the case.

I read what you say and present my thoughts based on your words, you disregard what I say and make me out to be a psychopath that wants people to die. If you think that's comparable, then you are beyond help.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:12 PM #158
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
There's no point, there is no opposition. We're basically an unofficial one party nation and the Tories voter suppression laws will only compound that further. There's no point in acting like anyone can oppose the tories until we confront their endless corruption.
there is an opposition, they are just not very good and the voter system isn't corrupt. It's time to stop making excuses and start fixing the problems with labour
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:23 PM #159
Banned

Banned

Quote:
there is an opposition, they are just not very good and the voter system isn't corrupt. It's time to stop making excuses and start fixing the problems with labour
It's all a lost cause and how can you stand there and make out that forcing people to bring photo ID to be able to vote isn't corrupt? It's voter suppression, pure and simple.

A party could do and say all the right things and it wouldn't matter because the tories will win regardless. People are too used to voting against themselves. Labour is a flop and will never regain it's footing and no other party will ever get momentum. This is Tory Britain, now, and forever.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:28 PM #160

Dezzy it may not be Forever a Tory Britain

But with a possible 2023 Early Summer General Election
Labour are must get a move on
to sort out internal battles.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:31 PM #161
Banned

Banned

It doesn't matter, labour will never be electable again, and especially not with Starmer in charge, and no other party is in a position to challenge the cultish hold the tories have on people.

A tory supremacy is all I can see, and they'll slowly erode our rights, our public services and people will gladly vote for them to do so. There's no hope for this country.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:07 PM #162

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Other countries' failure to act does not vindicate our own failures. To be all like '100k people died when the government knew how bad things would be before it got bad, but a bunch of other countries did nothing either, so it's k.'

Again, it's not a ****ing competition between nations, it's so ****ing vile how people think the losses are acceptable because vaccinations are going well now. Say that to the people who lost loved ones, see how they react. A lot of the world leaders failed to act, and a lot leaders failing doesn't magically make that failure okay.

Instead of trying to brush the failures of this government under the carpet, we should be acknowledging them, the people in charge should look at where they have failed and acknowledge those failings, so that when another pandemic happens, we can learn from this one. People like you who just want to gloss over facts and things you don't like are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

You say I hate this country, but you're the one that refuses to see how things are, that would gladly ignore the bad and doom us to repeat the same **** over and over if you had your way.

Also, don't talk ****. If Corbyn was in charge you'd be frothing at the mouth and I'd be okay with that, since I'd prefer you to be angry at mediocre leadership than sweeping it's failures under the rug and acting like the sun shines out of their arse. I just wish you had such consistency to criticise leaders you like, instead of making excuses for them.
Have a look at your own reading comprehension skills before you criticize other peoples. I never said the losses were acceptable, or the sun shone out of anyone's arse, I said that some mistakes and bad decisions were made in an unprecedented situation, that IS acknowledging the failures, but as usual you just ignore that and make up what I'm saying instead of what I am actually saying.
No, I wouldn't like Corbyn to be in charge, but again, IF he did exactly what Boris did in the same circumstances, I would feel the same and certainly wouldn't be frothing at the mouth because it was a horrific position for any leader to have to deal with and get 100% right or if not be accused of killing people. But of course you know what people think better than they do. You are the mind reader extraordinaire and never wrong.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:14 PM #163

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's all a lost cause and how can you stand there and make out that forcing people to bring photo ID to be able to vote isn't corrupt? It's voter suppression, pure and simple.

Why do people think this?

For me it's the opposite if what people are saying..

Take the fact that the cons have been in power for ages now and wiped the floor with all the other parties during the last election, why on earth would they change the rules for voting when they are winning things so easily atm.

It's a poor excuse to say they are trying to block the youth vote..and very condescending to believe that those youths would have voted labour.

It's all whataboutary.

Last edited by parmnion; 11-05-2021 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:17 PM #164

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It doesn't matter, labour will never be electable again, and especially not with Starmer in charge, and no other party is in a position to challenge the cultish hold the tories have on people.

A tory supremacy is all I can see, and they'll slowly erode our rights, our public services and people will gladly vote for them to do so. There's no hope for this country.
There is great hope for this country for those who don't see negativity everywhere and don't spend their time continually moaning and whining and blaming.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:21 PM #165
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Have a look at your own reading comprehension skills before you criticize other peoples. I never said the losses were acceptable, or the sun shone out of anyone's arse, I said that some mistakes and bad decisions were made in an unprecedented situation, that IS acknowledging the failures, but as usual you just ignore that and make up what I'm saying instead of what I am actually saying.
No, I wouldn't like Corbyn to be in charge, but again, IF he did exactly what Boris did in the same circumstances, I would feel the same and certainly wouldn't be frothing at the mouth because it was a horrific position for any leader to have to deal with and get 100% right or if not be accused of killing people. But of course you know what people think better than they do. You are the mind reader extraordinaire and never wrong.
Ah, so we reached the part where you said you were done with the conversation and then come right back because you can't resist. As I called out earlier in our conversation.

You were making excuses for Boris and you were focused on other countries just so you could make out that we were doing well in comparison which glosses over our failures to handle the pandemic well when it came to lost lives that could have been saved with pre-emptive action that this government chose not to do.

Again, for the 4th or 5th time in this topic you try the 'I know you are, but what am I?' tactic and it fails like it did before because you're just projecting your own endless failures onto me. You're the one with the questionable reading capabilities and the overactive imagination, as evidenced by the fact you tried to make out that I wanted people to die, while I said you were glossing over the losses by focusing on the failures of other countries which do not make our failures lesser in comparison. It's not that hard to grasp, do better.

People only have to mention Corbyn and you go into a terrorist sympathiser tirade, you're only lying to yourself if you're gonna make out that you'd be okay if he was in charge.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:23 PM #166

Quote:

Starmer is Live on Parliament right now
Both TV news.

He is attacking, Johnson
well.

At this time it is Sir Keir Starmer, no one else is available,

Last edited by arista; 11-05-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:26 PM #167

Now Johnson PM
is Speaking
thanking pubs/

Going on about His
One Nation Conservatism

More bloody Slogans

Jabs Jabs Jabs
Jobs Jobs Jobs

Last edited by arista; 11-05-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:27 PM #168
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Why do people think this?

For me it's the opposite if what people are saying..

Take the fact that the cons have been in power for ages now and wiped the floor with all the other parties during the last election, why on earth would they change the rules for voting when they are winning things so easily atm.

It's a poor excuse to say they are trying to block the youth vote..and very condescending to believe that those youths would have voted labour.

It's all whataboutary.
It only makes you look bad if you try to use a phrase you don't understand and you then use it wrong. Nothing about pointing out voter suppression is whataboutery, you simply do not understand the conversation.

You also don't understand voter suppression if you don't think that disallowing people the chance to vote if they don't have photo ID IS NOT suppression. The most common form of photo ID is a driving licence and the simple fact is that there's more tory voters who are drivers than there are of their nearest rivals, Labour who have significantly less voters who can drive.

Preventing people from voting if they don't have photo ID is simply a way of limiting the young, the poor and people who simply do not drive and may not have access to photo ID from engaging in their right to vote and have a say. It's suppression, and that's that.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:28 PM #169
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Starmer is Live on Parliament right now
Both TV news.

He is attacking, Johnson
well.

At this time it is Sir Keir Starmer, no one else is available,
He is an ineffective coward and I don't care what he has to say unless it's a resignation.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:30 PM #170

Quote:
He is an ineffective coward and I don't care what he has to say unless it's a resignation.

Well that could come in a year
they are (Press & Labour people) now saying
Old 11-05-2021, 02:32 PM #171

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It only makes you look bad if you try to use a phrase you don't understand and you then use it wrong. Nothing about pointing out voter suppression is whataboutery, you simply do not understand the conversation.

You also don't understand voter suppression if you don't think that disallowing people the chance to vote if they don't have photo ID IS NOT suppression. The most common form of photo ID is a driving licence and the simple fact is that there's more tory voters who are drivers than there are of their nearest rivals, Labour who have significantly less voters who can drive.

Preventing people from voting if they don't have photo ID is simply a way of limiting the young, the poor and people who simply do not drive and may not have access to photo ID from engaging in their right to vote and have a say. It's suppression, and that's that.
Everyone is receiving FREE voting photo ID. So you can come back in from stopping cars to ask the drivers who they vote for

I understand this very well thank you, and it's still ridiculous to accuse the cons of suppressing voting, especially when things are going so well for them with people all over giving up on labour and turning to the cons..if anything they would want more people to vote so they can further widen the gap.

Last edited by parmnion; 11-05-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:34 PM #172
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Everyone is receiving FREE voting photo ID. So you can come back in from stopping cats to ask the drivers who they vote for

I understand this very well thank you, and it's still ridiculous to accuse the cons of suppressing voting, especially when things are going so well for them with people all over giving up on labour and turning to the cons..if anything they would want more people to vote so they can further widen the gap.
I'll believe it when I see it.

It's suppression, because it's suppression. Putting any kind of extra limits on voting will inevitable suppress some people from voting. You really can't argue against this, it's just in vain to do so.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:39 PM #173

https://www.citizencard.com/what-is-a-citizencard

Well it is not this one
as they demand £15
Old 11-05-2021, 02:41 PM #174

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it.

It's suppression, because it's suppression. Putting any kind of extra limits on voting will inevitable suppress some people from voting. You really can't argue against this, it's just in vain to do so.
You were describing it as suppressing votes and voters..when its not.

It will imo, get more peope to vote than not. I think if you have a VOTING ID, you will be more inclined to actually go out and use it on polling day. So it will actually increase the voting numbers.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:48 PM #175

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

What's to say all these people without photo id would even vote for Labour anyway (or against the Conservatives). Bit strange to assume.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britain, labour, party