IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
strange that they're all retired .

I largely agree in principle however that 65 should be the upper age limit for running for office for a first term and if going for a 2nd term over 65, it would have to be immediately following the first. That would put an effective "age limit" on an active president of 73. Which I think is quite a generous upper limit, really.

In the UK it's different since we don't elect a PM. I think a sensible age limit for leaving the PM position (and TBH the front benches) would be 70, barring there being extenuating circumstances for staying on (e.g. global crisis or national emergency).

It may seem "ageist" but to be honest, it's very UNusual for someone pushing their 80's to not be losing some mental alacrity. That doesn't mean they're "senile" or "confused" but it's a biological inevitability that people start slowing down a bit. Some people are very lucky and stay very sharp but at 80+ it's certainly not the majority.
I agree with that. And lets not forget there's only 4 years between Trump and Biden so acting like Biden is too old but Trump was fine is a bit hypocritical

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote