Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
I do hope the victims feel better and will get justice for what happened. Whether it's from a trans person or not, a sexual offense is a terrible thing to experience. So I hope they will be alright.

It's unfortunately a case that makes the trans community look bad and is wrongly assimilated to sex offenders like that person.
The trans people I work with are horrified every time a news like that is coming out. They're scared enough for their rights for those kind of events to create even more fear and hatred.

And the Self ID concept is also very debated within the trans community because a lot of them do want at least a form of medical follow-up to be able to legally change the gender on official documents.
There is a whole range of measures that can be taken to do that, from Self ID to requiring proof of gender reassignment surgery, with different steps in between. So it's not just one view vs another view, it's more so a complex topic that needs to be adressed by all parties in good spirits.

Tbh it would be great to have a conversation in good spirits, the problem is it seems we can’t, Just taking this case in isolation, there should have been an immediate red flag for the staff that this person exposed themselves, my feeling is pre op trans women would be respectful of being in a shared female space,we, men and women have all managed to change in a communal space or at the beach without exposing ourselves so to my mind this was a deliberate act which was then dealt with appallingly by the staff probably due to some of the reasons TS outlined above, so until we can move on from name calling or worse we are where we are

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote