View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 04:47 PM #42
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Tbh it would be great to have a conversation in good spirits, the problem is it seems we can’t, Just taking this case in isolation, there should have been an immediate red flag for the staff that this person exposed themselves, my feeling is pre op trans women would be respectful of being in a shared female space,we, men and women have all managed to change in a communal space or at the beach without exposing ourselves so to my mind this was a deliberate act which was then dealt with appallingly by the staff probably due to some of the reasons TS outlined above, so until we can move on from name calling or worse we are where we are
I believe both parties can't have a proper conversation currently and it's mostly due to social media amplifying everything and resorting to name calling way too easily.

Social media is not the best media to have any kind of serious conversation to begin with, let alone a discussion about rights in general.

At the shelter for LGBT+ people I partially work for, we try to organize debates based on those issues and I remember we hosted a discussion between cis women and trans women one day. Both groups had strong opinions but in the end it turned out to be super respectful and everyone got to talk.
No name calling and if I remember correctly the outcome was that more gender neutral places should exist. And both groups now walk together at Pride and at walks for womens rights etc
It's just an example and one of many possible outcomes but I feel like open face to face discussions do more good than bad.