Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Madeleine McCann suspect has alibi backed by four people

The setback is the latest blow to Kate and Gerry McCann, who made a rare public statement on Friday over the case's "progress".

The main suspect over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has an alibi backed by four people.

Doubts over the case against Christian Brueckner have surfaced just 10 days before the 15th anniversary of Madeleine going missing.

It is a fresh blow to parents Kate and Gerry, who made a rare public statement on Friday welcoming “progress” after police in Portugal made paedophile Brueckner, 44, an official suspect.

Authorities have been told witnesses have come forward to support Brueckner’s alibi for the night Madeleine vanished while on holiday in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

And in an interview, the chief prosecutor in Brueckner’s native country admitted: “Here in Germany there is no end in sight to the investigations into the Maddie case.”

The four witnesses spoke out in a new Channel 5 documentary presented by former police detective Mark Williams-Thomas, who has been in “lengthy” contact with Brueckner via letter.

It is believed authorities in Germany have been alerted to the testimonies.

The show is set to be aired on May 3 – the 15th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.

A Channel 5 insider revealed: “Christian Brueckner has provided a very detailed alibi for the days leading up to and after Madeleine’s disappearance. That has been checked out by our team and fully examined and we’ve spoken to four people who’ve gone on the record to independently support his alibi.

“They have got nothing to benefit from supporting him and, in fact, a couple of those people really don’t like him – but they have still backed his account.

Brueckner is serving seven years in Germany for the 2005 rape of a pensioner.

He was named as a suspect by German prosecutors after a mobile they believe he was using was traced to a phone mast 200 yards from the Ocean Club complex where the McCanns were staying. But it is now claimed the phone could have been more than 20 miles away as the mast covered a large signal cell.

A source said: “His account is that he wasn’t there and stands up to scrutiny.”

Brueckner’s lawyer Friedrich Fulscher said: “This move by the Portuguese authorities should not be overstated. Does this step amount to an accusation? No, not at all.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...ccann-26783130

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 25-04-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote