BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
I really hate these programmes that dramatise real life events.

Like the Jimmy Savile scandal. Never watched it. Why not just a documentary? Why make the pain and suffering of others into a drama for entertainement?

They did the same with the Moors Murders, Fred West. Made REAL MURDER into TV entertainment.

And they've done the same with this post office scandal.

I never watched that programme either. Yes it's raised the profile massively but they still made pain and suffering and suicide into entertainment.

Or why else use actors. Make a documentary.

I've known about this post office scandal since it was first broken years ago. I didn't need a TV drama acted out to raise the profile for me.

But that's only how some people listen. They're not interested unless someone like Toby Jones is 'starring' in it.
There's been documentaries on it before plus podcasts, news articles etc. None of that had the impact this drama has had which has made it headline news and now it finally looks like some real justic will be achieved twenty years later. It's good that you knew about it before but millions of other people didn't

All the real people were closely involved in the making of the drama as well so they're not exactly being exploited
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote