Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
I agree, Heidi transformed the group and kept them alive. Pre-Heidi they were moody, static and miserable. Good music but very little personality. Heidi brought fun, smiles and sexiness to the group. The other two lightened up and became more sexy and smiley too.

Keisha has a right to feel aggrieved. But she's not innocent in all this. The original girls could reform...but not use the name Sugababes. Thats weird. But they clearly do not own the name anymore so...tough. And I don't think the originals like each other either!

Jade is a great addition; superb voice, fab dancer and gorgeous to look at.
The media hated the Sugababes before Heidi joined- the original 3 wouldn't speak to the press and were very strange acting in interviews. The original 3 also looked like rejects so Heidi added a bit of glamour to the group- and the other 2 had to compete with that.

I think they stopped being unique when Mutya left- thats when they got a more generic sound. The third line up sounded like stuff Girls Aloud would release, the latest line up is like what The Saturdays are releasing. I think they've lost their identity along with the line up changes. But then again, their new sound is a bit more consistent. Normally with a new album they have one monster hit and then nothing else really lives up to it so they fade away for a while, and then they return. Whilst nothing so far has made a big impact (in the way Hole in the Head, Push the Button, About You Now etc did), they do seem to be doing fairly well and their singles are still peaking in the top 10 when usually by their third single they wouldn't.

Last edited by Tom; 02-03-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote