BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
As long as people spend it on education stuff (stationary, revision booklets/CDs etc.) and travel, and not get money from their parents to do that, then anything 'spare' from EMA I dont see the problem that they spend on theirself.

You might argue theyre given too much but theyre most likely not treat as much as those with richer parents (not always the case), so why not let them enjoy it a bit? Or save the 'spare' for when its needed/give to parents to help pay bills. Bit of all 3 even (like meh)!

People who get EMA will see my point, those that dont essentially dont give a **** and think we should just go get a job if we want money. Which is true, but the system does help towards important things, and we should be able to have the weekend to just chillllllllll and get work done.

It only lasts 2 years (well, did), then we all gotta go out and earn our money! 2 years of what, 80 years is nothing if you think about it. Life should be enjoyed more, too much stress in it ;/
It's all well for you to say that but you're forgetting how it's all funded. It's the taxpayer who is paying for it all, they shouldnt be giving you money so that you can spend it on yourself.

I know you use it for your education as well btw, but I dont agree that people should be entitled to it so that they can have a more relaxing weekend

Last edited by MTVN; 18-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote