BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I have to agree with Livia on this one. I mean it's like being in the real world, the police don't bother you if you're not doing anything dodgy
I like that the internet isn't like the real world though, it's the only place where Wikileaks were able to reveal crimes committed by our governments for example, or for protesters in countries like Syria and Yemen to be able to expose what their regimes were doing, to show that they were being killed and shot at for protesting when their leaders were trying to make out nothing was wrong. The internet gives people a voice when they otherwise wouldn't have one, that's why I'm wary of it being policed

Although I don't so much have a problem with what Livia is saying about websites self-regulating things, I think they have a right to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
umm, i wasn't here 2 weeks ago lol and why was that? do i want my government given the same rights to censorship that the mods here have?. HELL NO!!! The mods here are the PERFECT example as to why censorship should not be allowed. The mods here make huge mistakes and are totally unfair, so how are you gonna use this forum as an example?? This forum PROVES that governments should NOT have that kind of power!
Don't be so silly