View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 02:54 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
"They were failed by a system which ignored the warning signs and put corporate self-interest and cost control ahead of patients and their safety."

They both criticised the cost-cutting and target-chasing culture that had developed at the Mid Staffordshire Trust, which ran the hospital.

From the report..
''But staffing levels were also said to be too low because the trust was trying to slash costs by £10m.''

Truth, what are you expecting?... do you think that you can reduce and remove staff and funding without it affecting patient care?..

Ultimately who is to blame? I know you say the nurses but I disagree, they are spread very thin, disreguarded when highlighting issues, overworked and undervalued.
Of course there will be one or two bad apples that have slipped through but is that not the same in any profession?
very selective the parts you choose to listen to

patients were drinking water out of flower vases to stay alive, patients literally died of thirst in front of the nurses who didnt even keep them alive with water? sorry no one can pass that buck anywhere, its disgusting and these nurses must face prosecution

more money was pumped into the nhs at that time than ever in its history, so to simply blame money is nonsense. this is a question of management yes but also the basic human morality of these nurses.

My ONLY sympathy is for the poor abused neglected manslaughtered dead patients and their friends and family , some of whom are members of this website. sorry for you to try and cleafr than names of all these nurses on here is callous cold and cruel and shameful. please show more respect for people here and everywhere else who have lost thousands of loved ones through nursing neglect. even lord faulkner admitted last night on question time, this was a failure by nurses and politicians and management. all were guilty of these horrors.

25000 people died from blood clots last year that were picked up in hospitals by poor nursing practices. I would also add nurses have way more support too than previous decades, cleaners do the cleaning, cooks bring the food and often drinks, you have auxillary nurses too. they have the biggest union in the contry supporting them too. I have as much sympathy for these nurses as they had for the dead patients dying all around them through sheer neglect , NO SYMPATHY AT ALL.

I couldnt watch people die of thirst around me , could you?
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote