Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Paula Hamilton
I'm a Celeb 2012: Ashley Roberts

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Paula Hamilton
I'm a Celeb 2012: Ashley Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSpears View Post
Trust me, I understand you guys who are saying "Why should he be warned? All he was saying is what he believes in, he wasn't aggressive about it." However, would you say the same thing if a white housemate sat there and said "I don't think it's normal to be black. I think they should try and change their race and bleach their skin because it's their race is a birth defect, like some form of handicap." If the person was completely unaggressive about it, would this be okay and not warrant a warning or removal from the house?

There isn't any difference between homophobia and racism and religion should not be used as an excuse to be able to broadcast that opinion on television. It's like saying that there's nothing wrong with radical extreme muslims voicing their views about terrorism.
This is why it's such a touchy subject and this is exactly why Channel 5 and Endemol are just trying to cover their backs with the warning.

They can't be seen to be punishing one person for one thing, then if something about race pops up, they may not punish it - just as an example. Therefore, anything that may be seen as a touchy subject and something that the ofcom lot would complain about, they pounce on it and warn just to be on the safe side.