View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Actually Kirk, the Zeitgeist documentaries made by Peter Joseph are NOT made for profit at all.

And they concentrate on a hell of a lot more than religion, iirc (it's been a few years since I watched) only part one concentrates on religion but that's just a tiny bit of the message they are trying to get across to people so to say it's for the purpose of attacking Christianity is quite frankly '100% Baloney' in your own words and shows you have no real knowledge of them.

In fact the one message the producers attempt to get out throughout the movies is that everything is geared towards a 'one world order' including manufactured wars, corrupt bankers and so on.

Regardless if you believe everything the producers put out there, for a lot of people this movie will raise a few questions.
Peter Joseph directed Zetgeist, Josy, and Dan Brown and Acharya S produced it.

Peter Joseph is not even his real name - something which he refuses to divulge.

I am aware of the series Josy and familiar with their claims and message, and I also know that Religion is but one small element of it, but I was specifically responding to Niamh's and Ramsay's posts which in turn both dealt specifically with the Jesus/Mithras/Horus claims, so I did not concern myself with the main 'New World Order' theme as I did not deem it relevant.

Years ago, I bought certain books which included; 'The Illuminoids: Secret Societies and Political Paranoia' by Neal Wilgus, and 'A New World Order: The Ancient Plan of Secret Societies' by William Still - among others - and I became familiar with the nucleus of ideas which 'Peter Joseph' has built upon.

I recognise the truth in a lot of these theories and accepted them then and still do now, but I also reject other elements which did not 'pass muster' when cross referenced with various other sources - sources which just did not merely 'refute' but gave irrefutable checkable factual evidence to support their 'debunking'.

I believe in Jesus as The Christ but I do not actively preach or try to convert anyone else because I am not bothered - as long as I KNOW what I know, I do not care what beliefs others may have. Yet, for me to sit back and do or say nothing when my beliefs are being ridiculed or mocked or Christianity is being claimed to be false means that I am legitimising being regarded as a 'misguided fool' for being a Christian or for believing in a 'fictitious character', or 'myth' or worse.

Such claims that Christianity or Jesus is a myth is particularly irritating when the corroboration which is used to justify such claims is nothing more than falsehood and fabrication and deliberate deceit.

Should I sit back and remain silent then?

If my response sometimes comes across as antagonistic or excessively intolerant, then I apologise, but it should be borne in mind that I am human, and sometimes I get annoyed and weary by the - definite - anti-Christian ethos on here. There would be a huge outcry if Islam and the Prophet Muhammad was continually 'bashed' in the same manner as Jesus and Christianity.

I am passive not pro-active as far as my beliefs are concerned and I do not enjoy any type of discussion on here concerning Christianity, because I just cannot win. If I produced Jesus himself it would not alter certain mindsets who would still believe what they want to believe.

Yet I cannot just sit back either and let attacks on my faith go unanswered - especially when the arguments for justifying such attacks are based upon nothing more than fallacy.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 10-04-2015 at 08:57 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote