View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 08:53 PM #68
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
No, I just completely reject the notion that we are some sort of benevolent "force for good" in the world or ever have been, or even that we are somehow benign and blameless in these situations. We're not. The British Empire created a complete ****ing shambles as it was rising, The US I agree then took that torch and carried it even further. I don't for a second think it's "only" the UK or that we're the worst, other European nations too (many of them) did the same. The first world has amassed wealth by colonising the third, and by pillaging vast resources from other parts of the world, and now the aftershocks of all of that are starting to hit home. And we all put on our best shocked-face and pretend to be surprised?

Kirk asks me for "evidence"? I don't even understand. Stop. Look at the world. Look at what is happening, look at where it's happening, and tell me that it's a coincidence that it's spreading out from areas that are absolutely covered in our fingerprints.
The British Empire was a long time ago. It's the Commonwealth now and that's a good thing. So good that Mozambique, which was never part of the Empire asked to join and was accepted.

People shaft each other and power corrupts. It's human nature. But there's a balance; for all the harm that's done there are selfless acts of kindness.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote