View Single Post
Old 18-09-2015, 02:11 PM #62
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
But they aren't the one in a relationship, so it isn't 'twaddle', it's true. If you are single, you can get with whoever you want, whenever you want, as many times as you want. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, so long as you are not jeopardising a relationship with or hurting someone you made a commitment to yourself, your actions are much more justifiable than the ones who did.

Are you a bit of an inconsiderate ****? Sure. Are your morals questionable? Sure. But have you cheated on someone yourself? No, which is the worst part of any instances of cheating. No other immoral actions come close to the direct issue of cheating on someone you made a commitment to.
So in a nutshell, it's "justifiable" to be a part of hurting and utterly disrespecting someone if it's not somebody you've made a commitment to? It's "justifiable" to play a role in possible destroying a family because you're not the one who made a promise to them?

Quote:
It absolutely applies because this culture and attitude is what it stems from, sexism and patriarchy. Prostitutes being blamed for ruining relationships when they were just doing their job, single women being abused and being called 'homewreckers' by the girlfriend while the man gets let off the hook. Disgusting nonsense that has to stop.
Jack, I said it doesn't apply to me, my opinion on the matter has absolutely nothing to do with all of this. Sure, there are people who blame the other person more than the married person but I'm not one of them. I've explained my stance on it very clearly more than once.

Quote:
Not at all, because they were not the one in a relationship. They never made a commitment to anyone, and as such, are a free agent allowed to do what they wish. It is no one's responsibility but your own to not cheat on your partner. Relationships are two-way bubble, if yours is ruined it is your fault and your fault only. No outsider can play any part in your relationship and the responsibility you have to respect them and not to cheat on them.
Yeah, there's clearly nothing more for us to discuss on the matter, I don't understand this view on the matter whatsoever, and to be honest I hope I never do.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote