BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Not sure if serious?

There should be a 0 limit for driving, IMO. I don't think this makes me self-righteous
Very serious Vicky: in Scotland you're basically over the limit if you have one pint and that is bloody ridiculous. A pub near me wrote an open letter to the PM about it:

Quote:
The landlord of Britain’s best pub has written an open letter to David Cameron asking him to reject calls for a lower drink drive limit in England and Wales, claiming that the policy would drive his business into the ground and damage the rural economy.

Peter Tiley, who runs The Salutation Inn in Gloucestershire, said he was “not sure my pub will survive” if the legal limit was reduced to less than one pint of beer, arguing that stricter rules could prove to be the final nail in the coffin for the country’s “already beleaguered rural communities”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6794486.html
And this is quite right. The idea that a pint or two at most will harm your driving to that extent is stupid and the vast majority of those who cause accidents are the idiots who drink about 6 pints and would do so whatever the legal limit was
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote