BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
She has just told you that in the area she lives she is in the minority, I understand what she is saying I live in a similar area the difference is I have always lived in multicultural boroughs in London so I am perfectly used to it, if however I returned to Ireland and found the area I grew up was now completely changed culturally I probably would have an issue with that!! I think for some of the older generations they have seen so much change in their life time it is difficult to comes to terms with it. If you have grown up with it as my kids have they have no issues whatsoever but I have have a 85 year old neighbour who remembers when the area was different and has a different view, that's not racism that is someone who has seen a complete change in their lifetime and is not happy at the loss of her community and neighbourhood.
I can understand that but that's just life I guess, things change and evolve. The sense of community is less here than it was when I was younger too but that's not down to different cultures moving into areas it's just the way the world has moved. You asked earlier what it was like over here. I guess it's different from England because we don't have as much of areas being taken over by a certain group/groups, not that I've noticed anyway. It seems to me that attitudes towards immigrants are harsher over in Britain. Of course Ireland probably isn't high on the list as a target for ISIS either so maybe we're less worried? I don't know really

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote