Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

At last!

Ibrahim Halawa 'absolutely delighted' after he is acquitted of all charges in Egypt
'Ibrahim always wished for it but finally he got it' - family's delight at verdict
Four year process ends after multiple delays and adjournments
Taoiseach and Foreign Affairs Minister welcome verdict
Hopes Ibrahim could be home as early as the weekend
Amnesty International: 'Nothing can ever excuse the horrific ordeal that Ibrahim has endured'

He was arrested along with hundreds of other individuals during peaceful protests against the ousting of former president Mohamed Morsi.

The trial process had been beset by more than 30 adjournments but a verdict was finally delivered today.

Declan Walsh, Cairo bureau chief of the New York Times, said: "Irish citizen Ibrahim Halawa and his three sisters have been acquitted of all charges by an anti-terrorism court outside Cairo."

Speaking on RTE Radio Mr Walsh said Ibrahim was jumping for joy and "absolutely delighted" with the result.
Somaia Halawa, Ibrahim's sister, watched the verdict being delivered with her family in Dublin and said that today's result has surpassed all their expectations.

"We weren't expecting it to get an innocent verdict.. Ibrahim always wished for it but finally he got it. Even in all his letters he said I know I haven't done anything, I know I should be proven innocent," she told Independent.ie.
But the family did not think it was plausible that an innocent verdict could be handed down "after having [a person] in prison for four years and then saying he has been proven innocent" Somaia said.

When her brother's name was called and the verdict read out the family erupted into "screaming and crying".

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36143157.html

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote