Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I think this is an inevitable part of the Internet / social media era, it's been happening a lot lately. People have Google, so they can gather a lot of information on various conditions very quickly and form their own strong opinions vs medical professionals. And then they have social media to quickly gather a crowd of supporters, who generally mean well, but don't actually know exactly what they're campaigning for. A lot of people do very little, if any, research of their own before jumping into these sorts of campaigns.

It is understandable that people want to cling onto something as long as possible... But it can I think lead to people holding onto false hope for extended periods of time, which can make coming to terms with these unthinkable things even harder.
Yes I think you are completely right TS, particularly about it all making the inevitable harder to accept.

I suppose I find all the protesters buying into the idea that the hospital don't have the child's best interests at heart hard to understand. Hospitals like Alder Hay and Great Ormand Street give amazing, dedicated care and save lives every day. They aren't the enemy.

TBH I don't think the Pope and his children's hospital have been very helpful either in both this and the Charlie Gard case. Since what is wrong is undiagnosed because its so rare how can they have something to help? It seems like peddling false hope.

I suspect if they take him home they will run straight to chunnel in their specially equipped van.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 13-04-2018 at 11:31 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote