Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-02-2014, 12:36 PM #1
0_o

0_o

Default Just when you thought the government couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-...-social-value/

Quote:
Drugs that help older people live longer would be seen as having a "negative" social value because elderly patients take more from society than they can put back, under Government proposals.

The Department of Health has reportedly instructed Nice to re-examine how it assesses the cost-effectiveness of drugs to take into account the benefits successful treatments may have on society, such as allowing people to return to work.
This is just ****ing disgusting. Its basically saying let people die if they arent in work :/

Attempt to cull the elderly, next target will be the disabled, then after that the unemployed I assume.

Very glad this proposal has been rejected. Bunch of sickos this lot are tbh.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 12:38 PM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

wow that's pretty horrendous

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 12:40 PM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Edele
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Edele
BB15: Helen

wow

~ the stars are ours tonight ~
HD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 12:41 PM #4
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

that's absolutely sickening
Old 19-02-2014, 01:26 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

I think the number of elderly and ageing poeple in Britain in the next 25 years will make it nigh on impossible for the NHS to be able to afford all the drugs it would need to supply to meet these peoples needs.

The NHS cannot meet the demands of a fitter longer living elderly class going forward in the next few decades.

It's no one's fault it is just a fact of simple economics, more people are living longer and as such they require various drugs to treat all the various ailments one encounters as one ages.

This is a ticking timebomb of a problem and has been hushed up by successive Govt's BUT it will not go away. A bit like pensions there is not enough money coming in pure and simple.

We will all have to start paying for more for our healthcare in fact the NHS in it's present form is probably unworkable. I fear big changes are around the corner.
Old 19-02-2014, 04:44 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I think the number of elderly and ageing poeple in Britain in the next 25 years will make it nigh on impossible for the NHS to be able to afford all the drugs it would need to supply to meet these peoples needs.

The NHS cannot meet the demands of a fitter longer living elderly class going forward in the next few decades.

It's no one's fault it is just a fact of simple economics, more people are living longer and as such they require various drugs to treat all the various ailments one encounters as one ages.

This is a ticking timebomb of a problem and has been hushed up by successive Govt's BUT it will not go away. A bit like pensions there is not enough money coming in pure and simple.

We will all have to start paying for more for our healthcare in fact the NHS in it's present form is probably unworkable. I fear big changes are around the corner.
we are loking at it all wrong. this also means more healthy people who work longer and contribute to society too. elderly people also have pensions , some big fat pensions which they spend , which in turns spreads the wealth and theres also millions of jobs working with the elderly
this story is a disgrace and this idiotic society of ours needs to create a proper intelligent long term plan that includes all embracing protection of the sick and old. as with everything in the UK we do not complete any plans , everything is half baked and half thought out. meanwhile we can pay for plastic boobs?
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:07 PM #7
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

This is a horrendous thing to even be thinking about,I am just more and more dismayed at the heartlessness of some in this Govt particularly.

Thank goodness things like this do get into the media and more to the point that the media makes some issue of it too. Even more thanks that this idea is soundly rejected, 'however for how long'.

Things like this really demonstrate how some politicians would like to abuse the power they get.
I really shudder at what other ideas some in this Govt have as to a hidden agenda and it is why I hope that they get well and truly slung out next year and also why I wouldn't believe anything they say either now.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-02-2014 at 05:35 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:16 PM #8
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Why don't they just put everyone who isn't in a full time job with a salary above Ł60k, Oxford educated, able-bodied, middle aged and living in the south in a gas chamber and be done with us? May as well
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:46 PM #9
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

I could think of a few cuts they could make to cover these increased costs.. I'd start with MP's wages, closely followed by their expense accounts..
Old 19-02-2014, 05:48 PM #10
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Shows the kind of corrupt country we're living in !

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:53 PM #11
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Not surprised one iota... they haven't strayed from their policy as it stood from the times of the industrial revolution.
Old 19-02-2014, 05:54 PM #12

Ridiculous.

Nothing even surprises me any more.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:01 PM #13
-

-

The problem is that the NHS, and private doctors as well for that matter, are habitually over-prescribing on an absolutely massive scale. There are COUNTLESS ailments, especially in the elderly, that can be controlled or even alleviated completely with diet and lifestyle changes but it's much easier (not to mention profitable, with their Big Pharma kickbacks and bribes) for GPs to give out prescriptions and say "go away and pop a pill".

Not to mention the terrifying overprescription of antibiotics, which has massive biological (individual and wider) implications as well as the huge financial burden.

The scale of the problem is absolutely insane. I would say that probably 75% of GP visits result in patients being sent away with pill prescriptions that they just absolutely do not need.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:07 PM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Why don't they just put everyone who isn't in a full time job with a salary above Ł60k, Oxford educated, able-bodied, middle aged and living in the south in a gas chamber and be done with us? May as well
Because they need to wait for automation and robotics to reach a level at which lower wage workers are no longer needed to perform menial tasks, of course. Once the synthetic workforce is in place, then we can all be allowed to starve, and the elite can finally be allowed to live in peace in their utopia without being pestered by the riffraff.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:07 PM #15
User banned

User banned

yet this mass negligence that may see millions die prematurly , barely makes a headline and we are distracted but trivial nonsense all the time? plebgate got more news c0coverage than this for goodness sakes? plebgate? the biggets non story in history...biased news agendas are the biggest killers of all.
Old 19-02-2014, 06:09 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
The problem is that the NHS, and private doctors as well for that matter, are habitually over-prescribing on an absolutely massive scale. There are COUNTLESS ailments, especially in the elderly, that can be controlled or even alleviated completely with diet and lifestyle changes but it's much easier (not to mention profitable, with their Big Pharma kickbacks and bribes) for GPs to give out prescriptions and say "go away and pop a pill".

Not to mention the terrifying overprescription of antibiotics, which has massive biological (individual and wider) implications as well as the huge financial burden.

The scale of the problem is absolutely insane. I would say that probably 75% of GP visits result in patients being sent away with pill prescriptions that they just absolutely do not need.
correct. as ive tried to say here and elsewhere 10001 times we need to target people getting scanned easier and get all scanners and testing machined manned for far more hours of the day. this will cost billions but will save us tens of billions as we find out whats wrong with people then treta them, rather than ply people with anti biotics and blocking beds when we havent even scanned them to test whats wrong with them? were a basket case of a country
Old 19-02-2014, 06:14 PM #17
0_o

0_o

Quote:

While what you say is true, it is the linking of how much you 'contribute to society' (financially) and how much you deserve help that is the disgusting..but predictable..
Just the thought of basically culling the elderly for the countries financial gain is revolting to me.

Do antibiotics really cost more than you pay for them? My prescriptions are nearly a tenner IIRC. I know some people get them free, but I thought thats why the rest of us had to pay such ridiculous amounts, to cover the difference.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-02-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
government, lower, sink, thought